Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madhukargubba

Win PE Driver Development

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm new to Windows PE. So, I have one newbie question. I want to develop a new driver and add it to Win PE image. However, I could not find relevant documentation for developing and compiling a new driver and add it the Win PE image.

Can any one guide me where I can find the documentation?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhukar

I can't help you in driver development, but if you create a driver using the Windows 7 or Vista driver model that should be enough. As far as driver injection goes, you can find that in IcemanND's updated guide:

Thanks for the reply. So, If I have a driver that works for Windows 7, I can use the same driver for Windows PE. I'll try this out and come back if I have any questions.

Regards,

Madhukar

WinPE 3.0 = Windows 7

WinPE 2.x = Vista

Windows 7 or Windows Vista Drivers will work fine in WinPE 3.0

becaue WinPE IS WINDOWS 7 the only difference it that some files have been removed and the page file has been removed and a few other tweaks