Slipstreaming Updates on x64/x86 AIO DVD

rvdsabu4life

I just finished creating a custom AIO Windows 7 DVD using the Automated Installation Kit. Now I want to add updates to the disk. Is this possible?

I tried using vlite and 7Customizer, but those only allow for one kind of architecture per disk.

Edit: I f.... hate this stupid editor....

You can still easily use 7Customizer.

Its easy to automate this process..

This is from my own script:

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:Install.wim /Index:1 /MountDir:Mount
DISM /Image:Mount /Add-Package /Packagepath:D:\updates\32
DISM /UnMount-Wim /MountDir:Mount /Commit

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:Install.wim /Index:2 /MountDir:Mount
DISM /Image:Mount /Add-Package /Packagepath:D:\updates\32

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:Install.wim /Index:6 /MountDir:Mount
DISM /Image:Mount /Add-Package /Packagepath:D:\updates\64

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:Install.wim /Index:9 /MountDir:Mount
DISM /Image:Mount /Add-Package /Packagepath:D:\updates\64

If you want to make a script of this;;

Replace DISM with the path to DISM.exe for your architecture

MountDir & Image with the path to your mountfolder. Example: D:\mount

Packagepath: With path to folder containing your updates

Edited by grabben

NP.. Ive made a small script that integrates some stuff to windows 7, absolutely nothing fancy like 7C or 7Lite though hehe.

You can use 7C if you want to..

Even if its an AIO, just pick 64bit updates for the 64bit editions.

NP.. Ive made a small script that integrates some stuff to windows 7, absolutely nothing fancy like 7C or 7Lite though hehe.

Where does one find this script?

Basically its just written in notepad and saved as cmd hehe.. It can be downloaded from my skydrive. Link can be found on a swedish forum

Copy the code i wrote above..

Change DISM to the actual path

Wimfile to lets say D:\dvd\sources\install.wim

Index 1-9

Image & MountDir to D:\mount

So it looks like this for example

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:1 /MountDir:D:\Mount
C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Image:Mount /Packagepath:D:\updates\32
C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /MountDir:D:\Mount /Commit

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:2 /MountDir:D:\Mount
C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Image:Mount /Packagepath:D:\updates\32
C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /MountDir:D:\Mount /Commit

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:3 /MountDir:D:\Mount

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:4 /MountDir:D:\Mount

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:5 /MountDir:D:\Mount

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:6 /MountDir:D:\Mount
C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Image:Mount /Packagepath:D:\updates\64

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:7 /MountDir:D:\Mount
C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Image:Mount /Packagepath:D:\updates\64

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:8 /MountDir:D:\Mount

C:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing\Dism.exe /Index:9 /MountDir:D:\Mount

Index 1- 5 Is the 32bit (x86) editions and 6-9 is x64 (amd64) editions.

Index 1 I 7 Starter so if you want to update is aswell do that or remove the first 3 lines:)

Ofcourse you have to change paths to your own.

After "Tools\" you have to write either x86 or amd64 depending on the architecture.

Save the cod above as 7updates.cmd or whatever filename you want.