Sysprep with additional drivers/ Windows 7

I have built a Windows 7 image and I have placed all my drivers in C:\Drivers, do I have to reference this folder in my sysprep.xml file as well?. I have also red on other foruns that there is a key in the registry I have to change to point to this folder?. Please excuse my ignorance in this matter it as it is my first attempt in making a universal image with the drivers in my organization.

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather add drivers during the mini-setup of sysprep. The link you gave me is via WinPe??. Do you know how to add drivers during the sysprep mini-setup process?. Or will this add drivers during the mini-setup.

Edited by clivebuckwheat

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather add drivers during the mini-setup of sysprep. The link you gave me is via WinPe. Do you know how to add drivers during the sysprep mini-setup process?.

all drivers are installed during the generalize phase. as far as i know you cannot add them after.

Both Network and DVD install copys a folder that is injected to the system during the installation (just before process generalize phase)

personally i just BLAAT them into the Custom WIMfile. that way the image remains HAL free and can be installed on ANY system.

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather add drivers during the mini-setup of sysprep. The link you gave me is via WinPe. Do you know how to add drivers during the sysprep mini-setup process?.

all drivers are installed during the generalize phase. as far as i know you cannot add them after.

Both Network and DVD install copys a folder that is injected to the system during the installation (just before process generalize phase)

personally i just BLAAT them into the Custom WIMfile. that way the image remains HAL free and can be installed on ANY system.

We use ghost not imagex, unfortunately.

I think I am getting my terminology confused then, is the generalize phase during the sysprep minisetup?

We use ghost not imagex, unfortunately.