Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MSFN XP Codec-Pack 5.5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

Denney

Denney

*shrug*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
.ram files that are 1-2kb in size probably won't work. As he said, .ram files are the streaming files you play on the internet.

Some will work, others won't. Same happens with the RealONE player if your not connected to the internet at the time.

.ram is kinda like the .asf files and the like. They just provide information on where the real media file is.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Littlefoot

Littlefoot
  • Members
  • 5 posts
QuickTime Alternative Version 1.38
- Media Player Classic [version 6.4.8.2]
- QuickTime Codecs [version 6.5.1.17]
- QuickTime DirectShow filter
- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer
- QuickTime plugin for Opera/Mozilla/Netscape
- QuickTime Control Panel
- Extra plugins for QuickTime
- Updated QuickTime components to version 6.5.2.10
- The MIME settings of the QuickTime browser plugin can now be customized.
- Minor improvements

Please update the pack.

Thank you!

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
Any valid links for this pack?

Denney

Denney

*shrug*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
@LittleFoot: You'll find that the latest version of QT Alt. only updates Media Player Classic settings, Media Player Classic file association settings and some other minor improvments.

Therefore, there is no need to update the pack. This is has already been discussed 2 pages ago.

Stinger12348

Stinger12348

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
is it just me, but I can't download 2.2, i can download 1.3. Is 2.2 a dead linK?

lieblingsbesuch

lieblingsbesuch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
the maximum traffic exceeded in the link stinger..nxt month it'll be up to date....

and swgreed, plz keep ur pack up to date....there r many ppl looking forward for support ;)

skunkiechris

skunkiechris
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I'm looking for the v2 codec pack as well. :D

I don't think the traffic goes by the calendar month, since the v1 pack had exceeded bandwidth yesterday but is back available today.

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever!?

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts

and swgreed, plz keep ur pack up to date....there r many ppl looking forward for support ;)

but it's not necessary :P
only quicktime alternative update and i won't download and integrate the full pack again only to add those minor changes ;)

fraefel

fraefel
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Hi !

Did I miss any mirror site or would it possible to mirror the download at another site than current "Arcorusersite" ? :whistle:

\Fraefel

MHz

MHz

Just simple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

ok guys first clarify a couple of things:
.ram format is from real media, only a small kb that you can edit with notepad. that's why you CAN'T watch it, because alone can't be played. it's a streaming format and you need to be connected.
.ra means real audio format and can be played with wmp10 with real alternative codecs.
.rm means real media (video) format, same from above.

@iwod why those encoders if you only want decoders? because there are a few people (like me) that wants to have an option in vdub and want to convert between formats. it's not matter of space or money because they are free and their size is not bigger than a few kb.

@moo

Second show me a prove that your Windows Media Player 10 plays rm files when you do clean installation with SP2 integrated without adding an other stuff (I mean extra players and so on), just codecs. Give me exact description your system, it shrinked by nlite, if yes how and so on. It's a lot of component

i don't need to show proves, sorry but does not worth for me if people believe what i say or not, what do i gain lying? anyway i can tell you that my unattended cd (biohazard project at the bottom) is slipstreamed with this codec pack and raverod's reg-suggestions and works perfect again (my browser is firefox).

This is false.
.Ram is a Audio/Video format for RealMedia. It can also be used for streaming video, as it can reach low bitrates. When you demultiplex .ram, you end up with . ra (audio) and .rm (video). If you have done some video editing, you would know this.

Asf, wma, divx and have even seen mpeg have been used for live-streaming. These are real files.

Windows Media Player uses a web plugin to decode .ram but has no access to .ram files saved to hdd. Windows Media Player Classic does access the codec to play .ram files off the hdd.

moo

moo

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
Thank you MHz for your comments. I think that I removed more components from XP, but my Unatend CD works fine too, but with KLite mega codecs set.

@SiMoNsAyS
I'm not FBI or IRS and this forum not for that. If you don't wont to share it's up to you.
BTW, I'm sorry too, because I'm running Windows XP pro with SP2 on Pentium 2 - 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM ,500MB HDD and also don't care belive me or not.

thanks.
moo

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts
@MHz don't wanna start a discussion about what a format can be and what not. just 1 thing i haven't found any .ram file that can be played "itself". ram extension means 'Real Audio Metafile', that is always streaming, don't matter if is video or audio. 'if you demultiplex .ram, you end up with . ra (audio) and .rm (video)', this is normal because the streaming can be audio+video. anyway that format is ALWAYS used on streaming.

@moo i'm sure you're not FBI or IRS (LoL) and it's not a thing about what share and what not (really LoL) because if you read a few posts back RaveRod shows how to associate those file extensions with WMP10 and as you can read on many posts (like mine) it can be played without problems, it's only that if some1 wants a screenshot to demostrate it... :huh:
if you have followed all the steps, it's a matter of your hardware (yeah i believe you :lol: )

Diabolical82

Diabolical82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

"....because I'm running Windows XP pro with SP2 on Pentium 2 - 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM ,500MB HDD and also don't care belive me or not."

133mhz machine with 32mb of ram? gezz WinXP will choke your rig to death and it'll bring it down to knee and begging you put it out of misery.

MHz

MHz

Just simple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
@SiMoNsAyS
Let me enlighten you. Here is a link. Use right-click and save target as. You will download a 790kb file that can be played off the hdd.
I have a few hundred mbs of ram files. I also have a friend who loves realplayer and its format. He has gigs of it (movies and music clips). Realproducer, if I remember correctly, is the tool for editing this files, as they are audio/video files.
The fact is, that people use this format for everyday use, not just streaming.

btw, you may need windows media player classic or zoomplayer to play this file from the hdd.

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts
as i said don't wanna start a discussion but an image is better than a word.
as you can see in the attached shot what you download is a .RM file (wayne-spin.ram.rm be sure to "show hidden extensions for known file types").

i'm currently watching it in WMP10. i think it's a vipper, isn't it? anyway nice black "stripped-white" car :lol:

i'm having problems capturing the overlay you know i think fraps can do it...

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts
ok here is the promised screenshot, taken on wmp10 with fraps application.
you can think that it was watched with realone and there took the screenshot, but i don't have it installed. in the hd i own a lot of .mov files that are played perfectly too so yes, this pack is a MUST have!

edit: double clicking the file didn't work, there must be a little bug in raverod code but i think i've solve it. i'll post advances ASAP.

edit: haha! i've found it
@echo off
cmdow @ /HID

REM Variables
FOR %%A IN ("%PROGRAMFILES%") DO SET SHORTPF=%%~sA

REM WMP10
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RA.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RAM.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RM.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RV.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\movfile\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\movfile\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%systemroot%\system32\QuickTime\quicktime.ico" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\qtfile\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\movfile\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%systemroot%\system32\QuickTime\quicktime.ico" /f

REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.rm" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.rm" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ram" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ram" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ra" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ra" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.mov" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.mov" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.qt" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.qt" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
save it as a .cmd file and run it from runonceex, this will solve the icons bug and double clicking a real or quicktime file will play it on wmp10!! :thumbup :thumbup

Edited by SiMoNsAyS, 31 October 2004 - 09:09 PM.

MHz

MHz

Just simple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
Well, seems like you will not learn anything today. If you do not want to discuss the stuff that you post.

btw, if you can download it as I suggested, you would get a saved ram file.

Attached Files

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts

Well, seems like you will not learn anything today. If you do not want to discuss the stuff that you post.

btw, if you can download it as I suggested, you would get a saved ram file.

it seems that i don't need to learnt anything from your "friendly" posts, so let discuss. if you take your time, you would see in my two images that:
first what you download it's a bad named .RM file and second, you can watch real and quicktime movies with wmp10 so now breath and go to check it, if my point is correct i'll wait a big SORRY.
anyway we need a 3rd tester so... any1?

edit: i should put this on big bold yellow caracters, because our friend @MHz needs a good probe, well download that file and hex edit it with your favorite hex editor. i'll copy the first lines...

.RMF..............PROP...2....[...[...._..........y.......R....y....MDPR..........}s..}s............
......y..Audio Stream.audio/x-pn-realaudio...V.ra......ra5

as you can see .RMF is Real Media format (.rm file) and as you can read, is a Stream.audio file :whistle:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS, 31 October 2004 - 09:35 PM.

MHz

MHz

Just simple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
If you do not trust dos, how can you trust a hex editor.

Attached Files

evilvoice

evilvoice

Ditchy McAbandonpants

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
I cannot believe weve had soo many posts about ram in this thread...ya know what, if it works for you in wmp10 fine, great...if not, get zoom player or mpc...its not like ANY media player is included...and its not like YOU cant add 500 media players if you wanted...so seriously, how about we get back on topic, this is about codecs and not about media players, if you wanna talk about this crap either make a new thread or do it in pm...seriously, a bunch of you SHOULD know better.

Diabolical82

Diabolical82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Thread Hijacker Alert, Mod pls either suspend his account for 1 week or ban.

a06lp

a06lp

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
could someone post the cmd file needed to associate all those files in the codecpack with BSPlayer 1.02?

Also, does anyone else have a problem, when running Codecs.cmd, that a blank command window opens and stays open for the rest of RunOnceEx?

sixpack

sixpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

@SiMoNsAyS

could you post the cmd file needed to associate all those files in your codecpack with BSPlayer 1.02?

Also, does anyone else have a problem, when running Codecs.cmd, that a blank command window opens and stays open for the rest of RunOnceEx?

put in EXIT ad the end of the cmd:
@echo off
cmdow @ /HID

REM Variables
FOR %%A IN ("%PROGRAMFILES%") DO SET SHORTPF=%%~sA

REM WMP10
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RA.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RAM.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RM.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\RealPlayer.RV.6\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\movfile\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\qtfile\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f

REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.rm" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.rm" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ram" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ram" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ra" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ra" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.mov" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.mov" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.qt" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.qt" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

EXIT

a06lp

a06lp

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
you misunderstood me - TWO cmd windows open. one blank, and one for the codecs (which i put an exit at the end of, and does close)

the blank one stays open.

SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS

• Patrons
  • 3,455 posts
i see is just a waste of time try to explain, help or develop something, so from now i promise to not help any1 more in this thread. people always try to got the reason even if they know they're wrong.
the last request:
no more to say in this thread, check this for help registering file associations :hello:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS, 05 November 2004 - 09:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN