Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MSFN XP Codec-Pack 5.5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

swgreed

swgreed

Unofficial Service Pack & Codec Pack maintainer

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Why not adding the "VMWare Movie Decoder" to your pack ?
http://www.vmware.co...ecoder_v55.html

++

This utility is required to play movies recorded using VMware Workstation 5

I guess this format is not very common...

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

They both have switches /options to install without the media player!

I should have made my self clear ... the media players make the file sizes significantly larger. It's a waste of space to have a media player built into RealAlternative and QuicktimeAlternative ... especially when that media player is not going to be used.

ever heard of a DVD ? :}

Not all computers come equipped with DVD ROM drives.

Time to buy one then ;)

Yeah, I'm going to spend money on all of my customer's computers. :rolleyes:

no , but we advise it to ours
We live in 2006.......not 98

Okay, but that's not addressing the issue. It's a straw man and irrelivant. ;)

IceBlackIce> ill just take you are not a experienced person with coding [source]
^lol

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,534 posts

Donator

Dumpy Dooby, to settle the issue, once and for all, no, your request will not be implemented.

If you really need it, download the package, implement your additions and repackage it!

smashly

smashly

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
Thank you for the update :D

Same old issue that I've mentioned before , you know the one I stopped posting about.
Can't understand why it hasn't been resolved yet , specially since I've posted the resolve to it and it's only mild easy changes in the inf to resolove.

Happy at an update and little dissapointed at the same time.
Regaurdless , the update is greatly appreciated. :thumbup

Until next update
Good luck and cheers.

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Uploaded the update.
Version number remains 2.6!

maniaq

maniaq

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
hi, why am i getting that bad looking icons on my control panel? i'm using 1024x768 32bit resolution.how to solve this problem? also i used Kelsenellenelvian direct addon. tnx

Posted Image

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
The ico files used for the controlpanel icons were only 8-bit (=256 colors)

By the way:
Version 2.7 is out.

The new Xvid-files fixed some compatibility issues with DivX

smashly

smashly

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
Thank you for the update swgreed. (hadn't checked the pack out for a while, still to try it out yet)
It's a shame that CPL Gen doesn't support higher bit icons ,
Originally I replaced all them low bit icons in the cpls with reshacker...

But in the end I opted for one cpl called Codec Configuration.
When launched it opens my little floating customisable toolbar that has shortcuts to all my differant codecs cofnfiguration.
Dang my control panel was littered with 13 or so codec cpls from differant codecs I use.
Made the toolbar with AutoIt , after a couple months I now got it almost the way I want..lol
Toolbar now supports add as many shortcut buttons as you like (atm upto 30), add params to your shortcut , icons of your choice , user configurable transparency, option to auto close windows control panel (if open) once my codcconf.cpl is launched.
Mind you there's still some issues to resolve with it, once resolved I'll post it (can't give a time frame atm)

Cheers

andrewpayne

andrewpayne

XP/2003/Vista & Exchange Server

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
Cheers Smashly - sounds like a great solution - I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour! ;)
“It’s a wise man who learns from his experiences. It’s a far wiser man who learns from the experiences of others.” – Socrates 469-399BC

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Update:
AC3 Filter updated to version 1.04a

MasterJukey

MasterJukey

• 21 posts

Update:
AC3 Filter updated to version 1.04a

AC3 Filter is now at 1.09a ;) :thumbup

just_laze

just_laze

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
I believe all the majority require is a codec pack that ensures whatever type of video or audio file they play, they won't need to download and install a codec. The inclusion of decoders and other bits and bobs is bloat for your average joe.

laze.

Edited by just_laze, 20 August 2006 - 02:20 PM.

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Just a minor update today, see 1st posting.

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
updated to XviD 1.1.2 final stable and
updated GSpot to 2.60 b03

Edited by swgreed, 01 November 2006 - 12:42 PM.

FinMaky

FinMaky
  • 4 posts
Hello swgreed and thank you for the codec pack. I just want to know that are all your codec freeware and are they freeware for corporate use?

Another question is does anybody know if Quicktime and Real alterantive codes are freeware / legal in corporate use?

t. FinMaky

Gee

Gee

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Hello swgreed and thank you for the codec pack. I just want to know that are all your codec freeware and are they freeware for corporate use?

Another question is does anybody know if Quicktime and Real alterantive codes are freeware / legal in corporate use?

t. FinMaky

All the CoDecs provided by Swgreed can be freely used in a corporate environment. Most decoders are free.

As for QuickTime and Real Player. Technically the decoders are free for commercial use. But we are not legally allowed to repackage them from the original.

Basically, Real and Quicktime alternatives can be used in a corporate environment freely. The distribution of these alternative packages violates their licence. But having them installed in a corporate environment and not paying for them is not illegal

FinMaky

FinMaky
  • 4 posts

t. FinMaky

All the CoDecs provided by Swgreed can be freely used in a corporate environment. Most decoders are free.

As for QuickTime and Real Player. Technically the decoders are free for commercial use. But we are not legally allowed to repackage them from the original.

Basically, Real and Quicktime alternatives can be used in a corporate environment freely. The distribution of these alternative packages violates their licence. But having them installed in a corporate environment and not paying for them is not illegal

Thanks, It was Cyberlink and elecard that I was not sure about. As for Q&R alternatives the deal is pretty much what I expected.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi swgreed! would there be a release of the MSFN codec pack anytime soon (as a New Year's present)? :P thanks!
Posted Image

TPetersen

TPetersen
  • 1 posts
Useful codecs?
I don't get it, how can it be useful to add the DivX codec when the XviD codec got DivX decoding support?

FinMaky

FinMaky
  • 4 posts
I'm testing the pack and I can not get the dvd:s to play with windows mediaplayer 10/11. Does it work? MS dvd comp. check says the same error as wmp: No codec found. Mediaplayer classic plays dvd:s just fine, but I don't want to install anything more than codecs.

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Update!

see 1st post for details:
- DivX Decoder to v6.5.0.0
- Cyberlink DVD Decoder to v6.0.3614
- GSpot 2.60 RC1

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
thanks swgreed! maybe not in time for new year's release request ... but in time for valentines! :P thanks again!
Posted Image

Gee

Gee

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
But just in time for Chinese New Year

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
updated to v3.1

(includes DivX 6.5.1 decoder)

Over.Kill

Over.Kill

• 27 posts
Ok - I don't have the time or patience to read 37 pages. I apologize for asking you to repeat stuff as I am rather certain that these questions/comments have been answered/replied to.

1. No LAME?!
2. I do a decent amount of encoding; will this pack be able to handle encoding divx and xvid? I'm rather newbish when it comes to how the codecs work and whatnot, I just use them.
3. Props on the codec pack. Your sig says 3.1 and the main post says 3.0 - might wanna fix that :)

If somebody would PM me a link/links to some good literature on what all the options in the codec configuration MEAN (I learn best when the guide explains concepts rather than "do this") I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Overkill

Edited by Over.Kill, 15 April 2007 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN