Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MSFN XP Codec-Pack 5.5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,530 posts

Donator

Did you take a look at the first post where it provided you with the versions of the codecs supplied, (or did you think that thirty eight pages of nothing had happened in four years).

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

lostlad

lostlad
  • 2 posts
I'm presently testing my first unattended install figured with SP3 available I'd might as well clean
up the PC. I Registered to say thank you for advice (Which I will do) but found this codec pack
and hoped to include in version2 of my unattended install (version one still installing into Virtual PC has demonstrated a typo issue).

But when I try to I get these german words in red writing

Download verweigert

Es wurde kein gültiger Referrer übergeben.
Bitte überprüfen Sie gegebenfalls Ihre Firewall-Einstellungen.

which babel fishes to:
Download does not refuse it became g?iger Referrer?rgeben. Ask?rpr?n you if necessary your Firewall attitudes.

Any Ideas?

swgreed

swgreed

Unofficial Service Pack & Codec Pack maintainer

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

But when I try to I get these german words in red writing...

It's the same mechanism ATI uses to prevent deeplinking on their sites...
Just make sure your firewall does not block your HTTP-Referrer.
(If it's still not working, just PM me)

lostlad

lostlad
  • 2 posts
It was OPera I had Refferer Logging turned off.
Got it with Firefox.
Thank you!!

Only getting around to finishing my slipstream now.
My ISO burn failed, at the end. I was gutted and turned off machine. :)

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Version 3.6 was released:

Updated in 3.6:
* DivX 6.8.3 [Decoder]
* XviD 1.2.0 build 2008-01-10 [Encoder/Decoder]
* Cyberlink DVD Decoder [version 8.2.0.530]
* AC3 Filter 1.50a + CPL

Edited by swgreed, 08 July 2008 - 03:12 PM.

Ascii2

Ascii2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
Where may older versions of the codec pack be acquired?

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,530 posts

Donator

Which version(s) are you looking for?, or what exactly is it you're after?

If I have time I may be able to check through some of my data backups!

Ascii2

Ascii2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Which version(s) are you looking for?, or what exactly is it you're after?

If I have time I may be able to check through some of my data backups!

I have had dificulty finding information about what codecs were included in version previous to 3.6 of the MSFN codec pack. I have not been able to determine what codecs should be included in versions greater than 3.3 and less than 3.6.

I am looking for versions 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 of the MSFN codec packs.

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,530 posts

Donator

Well unfortunately I've been unable to locate anything other than v3.4!

Here's the ReadMe contents just in case it helps:

MSFN Codec Pack v3.4

* DivX 6.7.0 [Decoder]
* XviD 1.1.3 build 2007-06-28 [Encoder/Decoder]
* Windows Media 9 VCM [version 9.0.1.1184] [Encoder]
* Windows Media 10 [version 10.0.0.4332]
* Windows Media DirectShow Decoder [version 8.0.0.4487]
* Cyberlink DVD Decoder [version 8.0.0.2103]
* Elecard MPEG 2 Demultiplexer [version 2.0.84.30429]
* Ligos Indeo XP [version 5.2820.15.58]
* Intel Indeo [version 4.51.16.2]
* Intel Indeo [version 3.24.15.03]
* Intel I.263 [version 2.55.1.16]
* MS MPEG-4 [version 4.1.0.3927] [Encoder]
* On2 VP7 [version 7.0.10.0] [Encoder/Decoder]
* MP3 Decoder [version 1.9.0.311]
* Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 DirectShow decoder [version 1.9.0.311]
* Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec for MSACM [version 3.4.0]
* VobSub [1.0.1.3] + CPL
* AC3 Filter 1.46b + CPL
* Ogg Vorbis [version 1.1.0.79]
* GSpot 2.70a
As you can see, the same items are unchanged from 3.4 as they are from 3.5 to the current 3.6 version, so your only changes are with DivX Decoder, XviD, Cyberlink DVD Decoder and AC3 Filter.

Ascii2

Ascii2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Well unfortunately I've been unable to locate anything other than v3.4!

Here's the ReadMe contents just in case it helps:

As you can see, the same items are unchanged from 3.4 as they are from 3.5 to the current 3.6 version, so your only changes are with DivX Decoder, XviD, Cyberlink DVD Decoder and AC3 Filter.

Thanks Yzöwl, but the 3.4 version does not contain the codecs I was looking for. 3.3 would probably be the most recent version compatible with what I want.

lsrkin

lsrkin

• 22 posts
Mpeg2 codec isn't installed. Can't play DVDs with this codec pack. Gspot and Zoom Player do not find any mpeg2 codecs.

TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
I like the K-Lite codec pack, Qt Alternative lite and Real player Alternative Lite packages. They all allow you to select what folder you want to install into, in unattended mode. F.ex i place them under progfilesdir\Media\xxx And not just plan subdir of programfiles directory.

Edited by TranceEnergy, 24 August 2008 - 12:57 PM.

Ascii2

Ascii2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

I like the K-Lite codec pack, Qt Alternative lite and Real player Alternative Lite packages. They all allow you to select what folder you want to install into, in unattended mode.

Have you found a way of extracting the more recent versions of the packages?

TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
What do you mean?

Ascii2

Ascii2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
I was reffering to the extracting of recent versions of Real Alternative, QuickTime Alternative, and K-Lite codec pack installation packages (all are Inno Setup packages).

All newer installation packages have a password set disallowing preventing extraction of the packages without the set password. Older versions did not have this annoyance.

I wanted to know if you had found a way of unpacking the more recent installers.

swgreed

swgreed

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Mpeg2 codec isn't installed. Can't play DVDs with this codec pack. Gspot and Zoom Player do not find any mpeg2 codecs.

It uses Cyberlink to play DVDs, but you will need at Least ZP 5.5 with updated PowerDVD8 graphs!

TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

I was reffering to the extracting of recent versions of Real Alternative, QuickTime Alternative, and K-Lite codec pack installation packages (all are Inno Setup packages).

All newer installation packages have a password set disallowing preventing extraction of the packages without the set password. Older versions did not have this annoyance.

I wanted to know if you had found a way of unpacking the more recent installers.

I have no idea what you are referring to. There is absolutely no password entering or such, i do not recognize the scenario you describe. I have tested installs with latest version of all just now today
in vmware and it runs perfectly.

Ascii2

Ascii2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

I have no idea what you are referring to. There is absolutely no password entering or such, i do not recognize the scenario you describe. I have tested installs with latest version of all just now today
in vmware and it runs perfectly.

If you have not understood what I had previously posted, it is likely that you have not unpacked the installers.

No password entry is prompted when running the installers.

I was not referring to the running of the installers; I was referring to the extracting of the installation packages without actually running the installers. This may be done using a tool like innounp ( http://innounp.sourceforge.net/ ) on the installer to unpack the packages. However, during attempt at unpack of the newer versions of K-Lite, QuickTime Alternative, and Real Alternative packages, unpack halts prompting for a password.

Wolfgang16

Wolfgang16

• 14 posts
Hello,

what is this codecs3.6.exe doing? I expected it to unpack something and show me the readme.txt, but nothing happened. It looks like it made an unsuccessful installation. I found an DivX Configuration icon, but clicking on it says "The settings mangager was not found. Error"

bye
Wolfgang

Edited by Wolfgang16, 03 September 2008 - 04:12 PM.

zeroFX

zeroFX

random lateral thinker

• 39 posts
As is written in the first post (and the topic itself), it is a codec-pack for unattended installation. I presume, you do not know, what an unattended installation IS. You might want to check that up on wikipedia.org, the unattended page or this forum. :hello:

Edited by zeroFX, 04 September 2008 - 04:43 AM.

Wolfgang16

Wolfgang16

• 14 posts
I know this, but its also written in the first post, that there is a README.TXT included. Where is it included? Can anybody point me to that file or post it?

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,530 posts

Donator

The 'ReadMe' is inside the self extracting executable file.

It seves no real purpose for general use and is therefore not used or shown in a normal unattended install. For anyone remotely interested in reading it, they'd simply open the file, (as opposed to execute it), and have full access to any file contained within.

Wolfgang16

Wolfgang16

• 14 posts
thanks, I renamed the codecs3.6.exe to codecs3.6.rar. 7-zip opened this and I had access to the files inside, but the readme.txt does not solve my problem.

My problem is that the codecs3.6.exe is not a simple self-extracting archive. It changed something, but it failed to install the codecs. I found the following entries in setupapi.log:

[2008/09/04 01:17:10 3676.1]
#-198 Command line processed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection codec.inf, DefaultInstall,3
#E361 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\dokume~1\wolfgang\lokale~1\temp\rarsfx0\codec.inf" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 1168: Element nicht gefunden.
#E197 Writing "C:\WINDOWS\INF\codec.inf" to "C:\WINDOWS\INF" is not an approved method of installing INF files. Use a 'CopyINF' entry instead.
#-024 Copying file "C:\DOKUME~1\Wolfgang\LOKALE~1\Temp\RarSFX0\codec.inf" to "C:\WINDOWS\INF\codec.inf".
#E361 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\DOKUME~1\Wolfgang\LOKALE~1\Temp\RarSFX0\codec.inf" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 0xe0000237: Es wurde eine INF-Datei in das Windows-INF-Verzeichnis auf nicht ordnungsgemäße Weise kopiert.
#-336 Copying file "C:\DOKUME~1\Wolfgang\LOKALE~1\Temp\RarSFX0\ac3filter.ax" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ac3filter.ax" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET344.tmp".
#E361 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\DOKUME~1\Wolfgang\LOKALE~1\Temp\RarSFX0\ac3filter.ax" will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 1168: Element nicht gefunden.

I found control panels for AC3Filter, DirectVobSub, DivX, and Xvid configuration, but I cannot play those videos.

I would be thankful for any advice how to proceed now.

bye
Wolfgang

zeroFX

zeroFX

random lateral thinker

• 39 posts

thanks, I renamed the codecs3.6.exe to codecs3.6.rar. 7-zip opened this and I had access to the files inside, but the readme.txt does not solve my problem.

My problem is that the codecs3.6.exe is not a simple self-extracting archive. It changed something, but it failed to install the codecs.

Just to mention it: You should have been able to open the file (instead of executing it), by just right-clicking and selecting the packer to open it with.
Anyway, first: the codecs3.6.exe cannot just be a simple self-extracting file, if it shall install codecs. It executes the installation by running the commands listd in the codecs.inf. (Take a look at the archive comments:)
;Der folgende Kommentar enthält SFX-Skriptbefehle

Setup=rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection codec.inf, DefaultInstall,3
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Unattended Codec Pack 3.6
Second: Though I doubt it will be of much use to you, you may want to check that codec.inf, to get a clue, what the unattended install did or at least tried to do.

Regarding the unsuccessful installation of the codec-pack: Did you have any additional codecs installed prior to executing the codecs3.6.exe?
As you already extracted the file, try right-clicking and installing the codec-pack this way.

ps: da du dem Anschein nach, genau wie der Entwickler des Packs, Deutscher bist (oder zumindest ein dt. OS benutzt), könntest du ihn, falls das für dich einfacher ist, sicherlich auch per PN anschreiben. :hello:

Edited by zeroFX, 05 September 2008 - 01:18 AM.

Wolfgang16

Wolfgang16

• 14 posts
This is a fresh install of XP Pro SP3, I am not yet familiar with the system. I am also not familiar with inf files, the codec.inf is not simple. I started the installation a second time, but then it says, a file is already there and I did not continue. May be Ill try to contact the author, or I'll read the 39 pages ... :wacko:

btw: are there other log files than the setupapi.log which are worth looking at?

Edited by Wolfgang16, 05 September 2008 - 12:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN