Disable Password Expiration in XP Professional not working

tslug

I've tried this every way I can think of. Uncheck the Password Expiration "Enable" box in nLite or check it and set the expiration days to "0 for never." Either way it still expires, and if you go into advanced local user management after Windows loads, the box for Password Never Expires is unchecked. Anybody figured out an automated fix for this? Others must be seeing this too?

Thanks,

tslug

Edited by tslug

I've tried this every way I can think of. Uncheck the Password Expiration "Enable" box in nLite or check it and set the expiration days to "0 for never." Either way it still expires, and if you go into advanced local user management after Windows loads, the box for Password Never Expires is unchecked. Anybody figured out an automated fix for this? Others must be seeing this too?

Thanks,

tslug

tslug, without a Last Session, we have no chance of responding. Please attach your Last Session.ini and _u.ini files. The _u.ini contains private data (CD Key, PWs, etc), so please obscure those parts. My PW does not expire. Enjoy, John.

@tslug

You can make a workaround with a vbs file you can execute after or during windows install.

Example:

strComputer = "."
strUser = "Owner"
Set User = Getobject("WinNT://" & strComputer & "/" & strUser)
Flags = User.Get("UserFlags")

User.put "Userflags", flags OR &H10000
user.setinfo
Set User = nothing

NOTICE : you have to change "Owner" with the username you use.

Greetings , DJPro

Edited by DJPro

Maybe relevant? I've personally never had a password expire with both the built in admin and a separate admin I created. I set mine with Password expiration checked and 0 days (infinite)

windowclipping.png