How to integrate installed updates after SP3 ?

Surgeon100

I used a XP SP3 prof CD on the hard disk to create a medium.

But how can I install the updates after SP3 ?

They are installed on the PC, but how can I integrate them ?

I used a pack from winfuture, but this did not work too, the pack was enrolled by nlite and seems to be installed, but I dont want this.

I only want to integrate all actucal updates installed on the system for the bootable CD.

Which windows file folder can I use, i386 I tried but did not work either,

or is this generally NOT possible ?

Thanks for answers.

A basic search would have got you further. Checking the threads on this last page of the forum, I see two on this exact subject.

Well, I have a lot of things to do, I shortly looked for this esp. at the last too pages (294, 295) but did not find something that seems to fit.

Why dont you post the link or item or give me short answer ??

We ALL have alot of things to do...

Your time is not any more important than any of ours.

You CANNOT do it exactly as you want. Windows DOES NOT keep all of the hotfix installers around after they have been installed. You have to get each one manually and add it to your disk.

BEFORE YOU ASK! WMP11 and IE8 CANNOT be added via nLite "as-is" There are many viable solutions but I have a lot to do right now.

"Teach a man to fish"

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

-X- has compiled a list of XPx86SP3 updates on his site that nLite can slipstream. They must be downloaded for use with nLite.

nLite can also use update packs created by other users.

Ok, I tried a similar solution.

I have a compiled update pack of about 140 MB from Winfuture.de, updates included uo to 08/2010.

I tried to integrate this exe but nlite as far as I saw it yesterday evening unpacked this and tried to install

though all was installed by MS updates before. So I stopped the process.

I am not sure that this unpack is only a simulation to integrate this then it would be ok.

http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,2136.html

You CANNOT do it exactly as you want. Windows DOES NOT keep all of the hotfix installers around after they have been installed. You have to get each one manually and add it to your disk.

BEFORE YOU ASK! WMP11 and IE8 CANNOT be added via nLite "as-is" There are many viable solutions but I have a lot to do right now.

"Teach a man to fish"

Thank you for your answer. I am glad the 3rd sentence is a bit information at least !! so I see there is not a windows update (information) folder I can use.

But rearding your first 2 sentences you are wasting your breath and should avoid to get ugly, nobody is the same person I have 2 full time jobs and others unsalaried my life long and have to care for PCs problems mostly in the night.

"Teach a man to fish"

May be I am silly I don't know.

I used a XP SP3 prof CD on the hard disk to create a medium.

But how can I install the updates after SP3 ?

They are installed on the PC, but how can I integrate them ?

I used a pack from winfuture, but this did not work too, the pack was enrolled by nlite and seems to be installed, but I dont want this.

I only want to integrate all actucal updates installed on the system for the bootable CD.

Which windows file folder can I use, i386 I tried but did not work either,

or is this generally NOT possible ?

Thanks for answers.

Surgeon100, I think your last statement is the closest. It is generally NOT possible. I see you list your country as Germany, but since you did not attach your Last Session, I cannot see if you are using a German language version of Windows. There is a German nLite forum that may be of some help, if you are. I recommend an Update Pack, such as those found on the RayanVM Forum. I do not know about languages are available. Enjoy, John.