Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cam123

24GB Memory - Load Win 7 in Ramdisk

3 posts in this topic

How can I take advantage of my 24GB memory?

Thinking about the easy way to do it?

Can I do this?

Make an 8g ramdisk, add it as a mirror to the c: drive , let it rebuild, then take the spinning drive offline.

Normaly you cant take advantage off much ram!

The best way i use is for a hdd installed Win7 ... search for a Ram drive they can 8 gb and write a little script they load every time you use the first time a new programm, load from HDD and save it in this ram drive ... start it.

I use this methode since WinXP 64 and 16gb Ram.

Possible usefull Methode ... i use Win7PE ... load it from my Windows Home Server ... do the same! In the moment no PC have a HDD in my Home. First start is slow -> PE is not the fastest solution, but if the programms are stored in the Ram ... it extrem Fast. I am every time the first Player on any Egoshooter Maps. All Programms works realy fast.

Edited by WosWasI