PE Tool for creating patches

WildBill

I didn't have any /bootskin settings set. I've just tried both of these but they have absolutely no effect. System booted normally without any change in bootskin.

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows 2000 Advanced Server" /FASTDETECT /bootskin=1:0:0:0:0:0:416:640:10:4

Well, the problem persists with v4-test2 :( There's also a graphic bug - progress bar on bootskin is displayed in the left-up corner.

I expected the progress bar issue: the values are never getting set, so they're defaulting to 0, 0. But if you got the progress bar, then doesn't the default boot image also show up? I'm confused...is the problem that the boot screen never shows at all or that the system freezes at some point?

It's like this, there are two cases:

1. Without /sos switch I see the bootscreen, progress bar goes 100% and then everything disappears, monitor goes off and system doesn't start.

2. With /sos switch it loads drivers up to acpitabl.dat and then screen goes off.

So you can say that booting goes further without the /sos switch as when it's enabled I don't even see this screen.

Hmm. I'll have to do some more analysis then. So just so I can be sure to understand: when you have /sos on, do you get any graphical display at all after it's done with the text-mode "starting windows" stuff (e.g. the Windows 2000 Server banner at the top, empty progress bar, etc.)

Edited by WildBill

Hmm. Here's a v4-test 3 to try. I'm not sure if it will help, but we'll see. I changed a lot of the code that saves registers to be super-paranoid and save them all. I only made the change to the non-PAE multiprocessor one, so you'll have to have PAE off and be using the MP kernel.

Windows2000-KB2393802-v4-test3-x86-ENU.exe