Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Looking for system stress / burn-in software

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guest_wsxedcrfv_*

Guest_wsxedcrfv_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --
I've got a few motherboards that I need to determine their operational reliability / stability while running XP, so I'm wondering if there is any free software that can do stress testing or "burn-in" operations for one or two weeks continuously running under XP. Basically, any software that can keep a system busy doing stuff until (or if) the system crashes or locks up. Serial, parallel, network, audio and USB stress testing is not required.

Anyone know of any such software?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,944 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

CPUBurn (gui version here...this thread elsewhere has some screenshots of it).
Get the gui version, and instead of installing it, extract from it BURN??.EXE and CPUBURN.* together into a, say, "CPUBurn" folder, and then run CPUBURN.EXE or create a shortcut to it and run the shortcut.

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
  • Joined 02-March 08

I've got a few motherboards that I need to determine their operational reliability / stability while running XP, so I'm wondering if there is any free software that can do stress testing or "burn-in" operations for one or two weeks continuously running under XP. Basically, any software that can keep a system busy doing stuff until (or if) the system crashes or locks up. Serial, parallel, network, audio and USB stress testing is not required.

Anyone know of any such software?

wsxedcrfv, I use OCCT, Prime95 and SuperPi (HyperPI). All are free and can be found via your favorite search engine. Enjoy, John.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,902 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I use Heavy Load and Treesize:
http://www.jam-softw...are/index.shtml
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic