8.1.0 questions-can't highlight command line.

I have just upgraded to 8.1.0 (from 8.0.3) with some trauma. My theme setting was ignored along with other settings. I set the timer and failed to set the option to ask before starting install, so the install started, causing me to panic. Now for my questions. I cannot seem to highlight on the command line. I discovered that if I held ctrl, I could highlight the whole line (used to copy a command), but I cannot seem to highlight a small portion - just nothing happens. I would also like to have the taskbar available when I am in WPI so I can make side trips. My theme covers the entire page. I tried the option to open Normal and it does. I see a brief smaller window which quickly blows up to full screen. I would much appreciate to know how to get around these problems. Thanks, John.

If you want to copy part of the command line simple solutions since clicking and dragging dont work. Click to place the cursor at the desired start point of the part you wish to copy, then holding down shift click the at the desired end point of the part you wish to copy. Be warned it will copy entire words or blocks of characters and not partials.

Example, if you wanted to copy say "Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr" out of "%wpipath%\Install\Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr933_en_US.exe", it would highlight the entire block of characters for "AdbeRdr933" along with the rest and output "Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr933".

As for WPI covering the entire screen, I am guessing you have the window resolution setting as By System (Default). This essentially determines what resolution you have your screen set as and then sizes the window to that same resolution, hence why everything else is covered up.

To solve this, go to settings and at the bottom of the first tab, change the window resolution to one of your own desired size that is smaller than you desktop resolution.

If you want to copy part of the command line simple solutions since clicking and dragging dont work. Click to place the cursor at the desired start point of the part you wish to copy, then holding down shift click the at the desired end point of the part you wish to copy. Be warned it will copy entire words or blocks of characters and not partials.

Example, if you wanted to copy say "Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr" out of "%wpipath%\Install\Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr933_en_US.exe", it would highlight the entire block of characters for "AdbeRdr933" along with the rest and output "Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr933".

As for WPI covering the entire screen, I am guessing you have the window resolution setting as By System (Default). This essentially determines what resolution you have your screen set as and then sizes the window to that same resolution, hence why everything else is covered up.

To solve this, go to settings and at the bottom of the first tab, change the window resolution to one of your own desired size that is smaller than you desktop resolution.

GhostAvatar, thanks for your reply. I understand your copy suggestions, but really don't like them. I hope mritter will comment so this can be corrected. I had my resolution set to my real screen resolution (1920x1080). I set it to the next lower resolution and accomplished exposing the Task Bar. It is not a very elegant solution (and not needed before) and again I hope mritter takes a look. Thanks, John.

Whether it was not needed before I cant say, since I only came across this app 5 days ago. As for the rest it would probably be better to post these in the suggestions sticky thread, it should hopefully gain greater exposure and hopefully inclusion in the next updated version.

John, I sent you an email about the screen size a while back. That is just the way it works. It was always intended to be used full screen after a fresh install, not so much from the desktop.

As for the text selection, that is an HTA issue. If it "fix it", then other issues arise. No real solution for it, either,

Sorry.

John, I sent you an email about the screen size a while back. That is just the way it works. It was always intended to be used full screen after a fresh install, not so much from the desktop.

As for the text selection, that is an HTA issue. If it "fix it", then other issues arise. No real solution for it, either,

Sorry.

mritter, thanks. I do remember now the screen size issue and e-mail. The text selection problem seems to be new, but I guess I can live with it. Thanks, John.