Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Install Theme Pack in W7, unattended.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
I have found several theme packs (.themepack) and would like to add several to my unattended W7 install. Perhaps I can simply extract the .themepack file into a folder and point my unattended.xml to the .theme file in the folder, as
<Themes>

<CustomDefaultThemeFile>c:themefiles\theme1.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>

<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>

</Themes>

placed into the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup step. Thanks for any help/comments. Enjoy, john.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
I simply just run at Firstlogoncommands and when desk loads I have to close the theme window but it works
REM .themepack
CMD /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Se7en_UA.themepack
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

I simply just run at Firstlogoncommands and when desk loads I have to close the theme window but it works
REM .themepack
CMD /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Se7en_UA.themepack

maxXPsoft, thanks for your reply. Enjoy, John.

gerd9040

gerd9040
  • 1 posts

I have found several theme packs (.themepack) and would like to add several to my unattended W7 install. Perhaps I can simply extract the .themepack file into a folder and point my unattended.xml to the .theme file in the folder, as

<Themes>
   <CustomDefaultThemeFile>c:themefiles\theme1.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>
   <DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
</Themes>
placed into the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup step. Thanks for any help/comments. Enjoy, john.

Since a .themepack is nothing but a .cab file, you can simply rename the file and unpack it to c:\windows\ressources\themes. One last thing to be done is correcting the background-filepath in the .theme-file to an absolute path (something like %systemroot%\ressources\themes\myownbackgrounds\image.png).

Now, your custom theme can be chosen as you described above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN