Install Theme Pack in W7, unattended.

I have found several theme packs (.themepack) and would like to add several to my unattended W7 install. Perhaps I can simply extract the .themepack file into a folder and point my unattended.xml to the .theme file in the folder, as

<Themes>
<CustomDefaultThemeFile>c:themefiles\theme1.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>
<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
</Themes>

placed into the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup step. Thanks for any help/comments. Enjoy, john.

I simply just run at Firstlogoncommands and when desk loads I have to close the theme window but it works

REM .themepack

CMD /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Se7en_UA.themepack

maxXPsoft, thanks for your reply. Enjoy, John.

• 2 years later...

I have found several theme packs (.themepack) and would like to add several to my unattended W7 install. Perhaps I can simply extract the .themepack file into a folder and point my unattended.xml to the .theme file in the folder, as

<Themes>
<CustomDefaultThemeFile>c:themefiles\theme1.theme</CustomDefaultThemeFile>
<DefaultThemesOff>false</DefaultThemesOff>
</Themes>

placed into the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup step. Thanks for any help/comments. Enjoy, john.

Since a .themepack is nothing but a .cab file, you can simply rename the file and unpack it to c:\windows\ressources\themes. One last thing to be done is correcting the background-filepath in the .theme-file to an absolute path (something like %systemroot%\ressources\themes\myownbackgrounds\image.png).

Now, your custom theme can be chosen as you described above.