nLite for Commercial Use?

NicciAdonai

I own a small (one-man) computer repair LLC. I would like to use this program but the EULA says it is not to be used for any commercial or business use. Is this an anachronism these days as far as nLite is concerned? I have found posts by other techs that seem to indicate commercial use, but they were not reprimanded in this forum. I wouldn't mind donating if it does what I want it to do.

Edit: this may be off-topic. Sorry. I didn't have a lot of time to look for the proper forum.

Edited by NicciAdonai

I believe the noncommercial use clause is an attempt to prevent lawsuits that would financially destroy nuhi. He doesn't collect any money from users of the application, and should not be held accountable if nLite fails to meet commercial expectations.

There's also the fact that no real form of technical support structure was ever in place. Support is provided through the public nLite forum here on MSFN by nuhi and other users at their leisure, but nobody is required to give support or entitled to receive it.

Further, nuhi has apparently stopped updating nLite and is not around often enough anymore to provide any support for its use. Given that the application has always been free for personal use, it is reasonable for him to discontinue such services at any time without harassment from current or previous users.

I believe the noncommercial use clause is an attempt to prevent lawsuits that would financially destroy nuhi. He doesn't collect any money from users of the application, and should not be held accountable if nLite fails to meet commercial expectations.

There's also the fact that no real form of technical support structure was ever in place. Support is provided through the public nLite forum here on MSFN by nuhi and other users at their leisure, but nobody is required to give support or entitled to receive it.

Further, nuhi has apparently stopped updating nLite and is not around often enough anymore to provide any support for its use. Given that the application has always been free for personal use, it is reasonable for him to discontinue such services at any time without harassment from current or previous users.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I am glad this is the case as I have already spent some valuable time downloading hotfixes to slipstream. Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

And this, and this (especially the last one). Just because you don't agree with a EULA does not mean you should just ignore it. If you do not like it, find another application to meet your needs. If none exists, write your own. If you cannot do either, time to learn. MSFN is not the internet police, but we do have forum rules. Please follow them.