Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to remove the "safely remove hardware icon"?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ekeda

ekeda
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-October 10
Hi all, I found this thread on the web searching for how to remove my usb "safely remove hardware icon" from system tray. I use winXP and I don't want to hide the icon, but to remove it (I actually tried Icon Remover program, but it doesn't work good). I would be glad to hear any sort of ideas, thanks in advance!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
You need to kill the thread of the process "explorer.exe" begining with stobject.dll!DllCanUnloadNow with process explorer from sysinternals (Microsoft now).

ekeda

ekeda
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-October 10
I renamed C:\windows\system32\batmeter.dll to .bak and it worked. One minus is volume icon can disappear too.

mikabrown85

mikabrown85
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-October 10

I renamed C:\windows\system32\batmeter.dll to .bak and it worked. One minus is volume icon can disappear too.

Hello,thanks for that answer.I really need that to become more secure especially i am involve in number stencil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users