Excel 2007 chart issues

careless_hxuk

I've been using Excel 2010 at home to copy and paste some charts from Excel to Word. Now I'm at work, using Excel 2007, and it is giving me all kinds of grief.

I have a load of data in a pivot table with a pivot chart linked to it. What I have been doing is changing the filters on the chart, copying the resulting chart and pasting it into Word. Each chart is pasted as a Graphic Object so that I can adjust the formatting from within Word. This is the right thing to happen. However, when I try the same thing in Office 2007, the charts in the Word document change every time I change the filtering on the Excel chart, so I end up with the same chart on every page, which is rubbish. Strangely, it remembers the formatting and title but changes the data and the legend titles.

How do I make this work properly in Excel 2007? I've tried pasting as a picture, but that leaves me with no way to reformat the chart once it's in Word. I don't really want to have to do this work at home, but I might have to if 2007 continues to be a b***h.

• 6 months later...