Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Register 32bit CoreAVC codec on 64bit OS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

xyzxyz

xyzxyz
  • 2 posts
Hi guys

I'm trying to make a silent install cmd file of CoreAVC 2.0 for both 32/64bit operating systems
here is my batch file:

@echo off
%windir%\REGEDIT.EXE /s "license.reg"
mkdir "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
if %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%==AMD64 GOTO x64
mkdir "%programfiles%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVC Professional Edition-uninstall.exe" "%programfiles%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVCReadme.txt" "%programfiles%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVCDecoder.ax" "%programfiles%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "shortcuts\x86\*.*" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax",DllUnregisterServer
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax",DllRegisterServer
GOTO end
:x64
mkdir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVC Professional Edition-uninstall.exe" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVCReadme.txt" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVCDecoder.ax" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "setup\CoreAVCDecoder64.ax" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
copy "shortcuts\x64\*.*" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition"
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax",DllUnregisterServer
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax",DllRegisterServer

%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder64.ax",DllUnregisterServer
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder64.ax",DllRegisterServer
:end

Theres no issue with registering the 32bit codec for a 32bit OS nor the 64bit codec for a 64bit OS.
The only issue I'm having is getting the 32bit codec installed in a 64bit Windows 7 (I'm using MPC-HC x86 Under Windows 7 64 so I need the 32bit version of CoreAVC on my system).

Posted Image

I've also tried registering the .ax file with syswow64\rundll32.exe which returns the same error, and with regsvr32 which doesn't return any error but also doesn't seem to register the codec for use with MPC.

Appreciate your help :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN