What folders can safetly deleted from WIndows 7 DVD

Ok i do some AIO DVD with Starter, Home Basic and Proffesional, because i have that 3 licences. I update it with hotfixes and programs for my needs. After integrating size of resulting dvd is 4.5GB which is oversized by little for DVD5. Can i delete some folder on DVD which will not affect Clean install or upgrade, like on XP can deleted everything except I386?

Thanks

You can delete the \support & \upgrade folders and setup.exe & autorun.inf from the dvd root, also you can delete ALL the files in the \sources folder EXEPT: boot.wim, install.wim, *.clg (of what versions you still have in install.wim) and setup.exe (its REALLY IMPORTANT that you keep setup.exe in the \sources folder, you dont need the one on the dvd root)

Edited by ricktendo64

Wow. This is amazing :)

Thanks so Much :)

btw about *.clg, what if i have both versions (x86, x64) same edition for example Professional?

@grabben, as i understood, ricktendo64, you need to aslo keep Boot and Efi folders on root.

Edited by shon3i

Yes, keep boot and efi...you can put the x86 and x64 .clg files in sources with no problemo, they should be able to coexist because they have the same name as the image in install.wim, that is if you did the right thing renamed your images to add x64 to the name when you exported them

Go ahead and create new .clg files after you integrate stuff...for this you need to use WSIM

BTW I think you can also delete the .clg files (IDK I dont personally)

Edited by ricktendo64

Wow. This is amazing :)

Thanks so Much :)

btw about *.clg, what if i have both versions (x86, x64) same edition for example Professional?

@grabben, as i understood, ricktendo64, you need to aslo keep Boot and Efi folders on root.

Uhm yea if you want your dvd to boot at all theyre needed :P

Thanks again :)

BTW I think you can also delete the .clg files (IDK I dont personally)
i tryed with deleted files, and seem that everything working fine (all editions are installed fine), but still, i want to be sure what is behind this catalog files and i read that contain some informations, and ways of accessing to wim (admin rights, etc.) and i don't know how is important to installation. Anyway in same document i read that if wim modified (which is my case) all clg need to be recreated via WSIM as you mentioned. Edited by shon3i

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's odd, but I see if I delete the program setup.exe inside the folder location where I copy my Windows 7 the program setup.exe is also deleted inside "sources" (because there is two programs setup.exe)!

Maybe it's needed to keep the two programs setup.exe?

How it's possible to prevent that?

Edited by myselfidem