QM has problems with a ST3500320AS-SD1A

Hello to all.

I follow the indications of BlouBul and Jaclaz, and this are the results:

To BlouBul:

1 - From Windows I can´t copy the contents of the directories, only the Name of the directory.

2 - Entering Safe Mode: YEEEESSSSS! :w00t: I can see all the contents and I tried succesfully: docs, jpgs, flv, xls. Failed the avis when I opened them with Bsplayer (perhaps it haven´t load some driver).

3 - The primary drive (Disk 0) works well.

To Jaclaz:

1 - I send you the screenshot of Disk Management:

post-308216-050806700 1288811298_thumb.j

2 - Running CHKDSK I had to reboot several times and this are the snapshots:

From particion H

post-308216-049392000 1288811374_thumb.j

From partition I it hang in the middle all the times:

post-308216-085514600 1288811430_thumb.j

From partition J

post-308216-077400500 1288811483_thumb.j

It seems to me that Windows (or other program) is blocking in some way the access to the disk.

Thanks in advance.

Hello to all.

I follow the indications of BlouBul and Jaclaz, and this are the results:

To BlouBul:

1 - From Windows I can´t copy the contents of the directories, only the Name of the directory.

2 - Entering Safe Mode: YEEEESSSSS! :w00t: I can see all the contents and I tried succesfully: docs, jpgs, flv, xls. Failed the avis when I opened them with Bsplayer (perhaps it haven´t load some driver).

3 - The primary drive (Disk 0) works well.

Great. :D Now at least you can copy your important files somewhere safe. Do you have an old Norton on your computer. That has been reported to sometimes cause similar problems when not properly uninstalled. http://www.d-a-l.com/help/windows-xp-help/66487-cant-open-folders-my-computer.html

@All this topic comes split from here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128092&st=1219

Do you have an old Norton on your computer. That has been reported to sometimes cause similar problems when not properly uninstalled. http://www.d-a-l.com/help/windows-xp-help/66487-cant-open-folders-my-computer.html

Another good reason to stay clear of it. :angel

@QMEDLAM

Are the chkdsk results coming from it run "normally" or in "safe mode"?

If not the latter, try running it in "safe mode", at first as:

chkdsk I:\

and then (if it doesn't hang) as

chkdsk I:\ /F

and then (if it hangs) as:

chkdsk I:\ /X

Is it just the I:\ partition that gives you problems ar also the others (where chkdsk worked allright) ?

jaclaz

Great. :D Now at least you can copy your important files somewhere safe. Do you have an old Norton on your computer. That has been reported to sometimes cause similar problems when not properly uninstalled. http://www.d-a-l.com...y-computer.html

No. I never used nor Norton AV or Suite. What I have installed in my PC is:

Firewall: Comodo

AV: AdAware Free, Spybot & Search and Spyware blaster.

In the good old days of DOS I loved Norton Commander, so in these days I use the Windows Commander and of course WE.

Are the chkdsk results coming from it run "normally" or in "safe mode"?

If not the latter, try running it in "safe mode", at first as:

The screenshots of the previous post were from ¨normal¨ Windows, so I do it again in ¨safe mode¨, but only in the partition ´I¨ because the others are working well. (I did a backup of the ¨J¨ to another disk).

Well, in the firs run it told me:

No se puede abrir el volúmen para acceso directo, something like ¨It can´t be open the volume for direct access¨.

In a second run I obtain the same result that in the previous post: it hang in the middle. I was tempted to run ¨chkdsk I:\ /X¨but I interpreted that it was a third option if /F hangs. Tell me if I was wrong. In doubt I preferred to ask.

Is it just the I:\ partition that gives you problems ar also the others (where chkdsk worked allright) ?

Is only the I: partition that gives me problems. The ¨H¨ is empty (I intended to put there the swap file) and the ¨J¨works well.

I keep waiting your advice. Thanks in advance.

Edited by QMEDLAM