Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Simple Question] Isolinux + Windows 7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gremo

Gremo

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
 I need help :unsure:. I cannot find any useful information abount adding Windows 7 setup into a isolinux DVD.

ATM i have a isolinux cd with some utilities from acronis and paragon. Some of them starts using KERNEL and APPEND commands, other with the iso image itselft . I really need to find a way to put Windows 7 into it.

Thanks A LOT :hello:

Edited by Gremo, 08 November 2010 - 11:09 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,365 posts

I need help :unsure:. I cannot find any useful information abount adding Windows 7 setup into a isolinux DVD.

ATM i have a isolinux cd with some utilities from acronis and paragon. Some of them starts using KERNEL and APPEND commands, other with the iso image itselft . I really need to find a way to put Windows 7 into it.

Thanks A LOT :hello:

If you want to use a .iso, easiest would be using a known grub4dos+IMDISK method and simply chainload grub4dos from the Isolinux/Syslinux .cfg.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9038

Otherwise, you can use a "flat" directory structure on the DVD and chainload BOOTMGR from the Isolinux .cfg "directly".

jaclaz

cdob

cdob

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
Add windows 7 files to DVD. Use uppercased ISO9660 names.

At isolinux.cfg launch default boot sector file
label W7
BOOT /boot/etfsboot.com

Gremo

Gremo

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Add windows 7 files to DVD. Use uppercased ISO9660 names.

At isolinux.cfg launch default boot sector file

label W7
BOOT /boot/etfsboot.com

a BIG thank you dude!  :thumbup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN