Windows XP Updates...The whole collection!

Edit - 17th Feb 2011CE:

I've just updated the ULs to include current patches, and have attached them in a post further down thread. Please see Here for the latest update lists. Thanks! :thumbup

Hi everyone! :hello:

I discovered WUD for the first time last night, and I've already used it to download a very useful collection of patches for XP Pro/2000 Pro/2003 Server to use at home. (I don't have a home Internet connection - Not after the "service" I got from my last ISP!)

Whilst inspecting and customising the update list today, it hit me that even the Windows XP lists havn't been updated in quite some time...So to rectify that problem, I spent a few hours looking up all of the later patches that my friend's PC had updated on and adding them to the update list that I was working on so that I would have as close to an up-to-date list as I could possibly get.

Now, I doubt that I'm the only person who'd like to have a full archive of XP patch updates to hand for use on disconnected and bandwith-limited networks, so I thought I'd share my custom UL here to save anyone else having to go through the pain of keying KB numbers into the MS download site by hand for hours on end! :w00t:

A few notes about the attached UL:

• This UL points to 242 updates including two service packs for a total of ~1.05GB. If you have limited bandwidth or an ISP who caps usage, you might want to make a chron or overnight job of it.
  • This update only addresses files for x86 installations. I apologise, but adding all of the x64/IA64 variants on top would've taken me only the Gods know how long...Given that this update alone took me at least 14 hours to put together by hand!
  • This UL has four-digit numbers added to the front of filenames to assist with correct-order installation and quickly pinpointing any files that 401/404 during the download. Higher numbers equal more recent updates, and exact patch dates/KB numbers can be found via reference to the UL file.
  • The more recent patches (Those after file 0203) have been found by referencing the "Add/Remove Programs" panel of the XP SP3 machine that I am using to make this post. Fingers crossed, everything's there...But it's possible that some security patches may have been overlooked by this UL if they were cancelled before this PC had a chance to download them.
  • To avoid conflicting with the standard ULs that come from J's website, this UL identifies itself as Windows XP SP2+3 Complete (En-GB) - As a result, files'll download to a different location to the usual unless the UL headers are changed beforehand.
  • Concerning File 0107: This originally pointed to the Windows Live Messenger installer, but when it 404'd during my HTTP-HEAD tests earlier entering the KB number into the MS download search seemed to return the MSN Messenger 7.0 installer insted. The version being served by Microsoft is digitally signed Sep 2007, so it should hopefully not be as old as the "Messenger 7" (Think Win98 era!) I thought it might be!
  • Finally; The entire UL was used by myself earlier today to download and create my static patch repository, so - As at 15th Nov 2010 - All of the update URLs should be complete and accurate. :angel

Farewell for now, thanks again to JCarle for the very handy program, and hope that a few people find this UL useful to them! :thumbup

+++ DieselDragon +++

Hey, Googler! :hello:

Before downloading the attachment below, take a look Down here for a more up to date version of this file! :yes:

Windows-XP-SP2+3-Complete-x86-En-GB.ulz

Edited by DieselDragon

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Pardon the bumping of an old thread, but I just updated my ULs to download the last batch of updates - And thought I'd post them here for the benefit of everyone else to save them a lot of searching! :thumbup

• Windows-XP-SP2+3-Complete-x86-En-GB.ulz is a complete (Or as close as I can get it) list of updates for Windows XP including service packs 2 and 3. This one'll update you right from XP SP1 RTM if you still have that lying around! Patch downloads on this UL are numbered in order of release for ease of management, so installing 0201_Windows_XP_KB9021021_Enu.exe before 0267_Windows_XP_KB9021067_Enu.exe should be as easy as anything. :angel
  • Windows-XP-SP3-x86-En-GB_-_Complete_to_2011-02-17.ulz is a smaller list of updates from around the release of Service Pack 3 (And maybe a couple of bits from before that) for those who just need the stuff between SP3 and now. :yes:

Although the latest additions do seem to be entered correctly, I can't guarentee that the older update URLs are still valid. It looks like Microsoft may have changed the structure of their download servers recently, so please note that patch URLs lower than 0243 might not work. YMMV... :whistle:

Farewell for now, and hope this helps! B)

+++ DieselDragon +++

Windows-XP-SP2+3-Complete-x86-En-GB.ulz

Windows-XP-SP3-x86-En-GB_-_Complete_to_2011-02-17.ulz

If this is the complete list why this file doesn't conatins dotnet 3.5 and 4.0 and also it doesn't contains windows installer 4.5

correct me if I am wrong O am a newbie here

I think you should create a UL file that contains all the updates that a fresh Windows XP SP3 shows in update list......till now .....

If you don't have time please tell me that procedure ho do do that is there any tutorial to do this......I want to conribute to the community..... :w00t:

I mean all the updates that are shown by the fresh install of XPSP3 RTM....

Edited by ranjeetmalik4444

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon the bumping of an old thread, but I just updated my ULs to download the last batch of updates - And thought I'd post them here for the benefit of everyone else to save them a lot of searching! :thumbup

• Windows-XP-SP2+3-Complete-x86-En-GB.ulz is a complete (Or as close as I can get it) list of updates for Windows XP including service packs 2 and 3. This one'll update you right from XP SP1 RTM if you still have that lying around! Patch downloads on this UL are numbered in order of release for ease of management, so installing 0201_Windows_XP_KB9021021_Enu.exe before 0267_Windows_XP_KB9021067_Enu.exe should be as easy as anything. :angel
  • Windows-XP-SP3-x86-En-GB_-_Complete_to_2011-02-17.ulz is a smaller list of updates from around the release of Service Pack 3 (And maybe a couple of bits from before that) for those who just need the stuff between SP3 and now. :yes:

Although the latest additions do seem to be entered correctly, I can't guarentee that the older update URLs are still valid. It looks like Microsoft may have changed the structure of their download servers recently, so please note that patch URLs lower than 0243 might not work. YMMV... :whistle:

+++ DieselDragon +++

Thank you for taking the time to update the list

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+++ DieselDragon +++

Thanks man, really appreciates your contributions. Keep it up... :)

• 5 months later...

I get the following errors when downloading with the list provided:

"windows-kb890830-v3.5.exe" was not found on the remote server. This file will be skipped.

"Install_Messenger.exe" was not found on the remote server. This file will be skipped.

I get the following errors when downloading with the list provided:

"windows-kb890830-v3.5.exe" was not found on the remote server. This file will be skipped.

"Install_Messenger.exe" was not found on the remote server. This file will be skipped.

That's because this list doesn't get updated much, but you can use my update list (which is in my signature below) to get KB890830 which is the latest version (Sept 2011.)

As for Messenger, i would recommend you use Windows Live Essentials 2009 to install the latest version of Messenger on XP (don't use Live 2011 as it is not supported on XP.)

Here the link: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp

Edited by steven4554

• 4 weeks later...

That's because this list doesn't get updated much, but you can use my update list (which is in my signature below) to get KB890830 which is the latest version (Sept 2011.)

As for Messenger, i would recommend you use Windows Live Essentials 2009 to install the latest version of Messenger on XP (don't use Live 2011 as it is not supported on XP.)

Here the link: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp

Hey Steven, you mentioned that you have latest update list for WinXP SP3 in your signature, but I can only see Win7, Win8 and Office2010? Can you provide latest for WinXP SP3?

Tnx!

At the moment, I provide Update lists for Win7, Win8 and Office 2010, but some items in the optional updates section will work in XP.

As for making and providing a list for XP the answer will be yes, but you will have to bear with me for about a month as i have to go through a lot of updates for both x86 and x64, so don't expect a release until around or after November's patch tuesday.:)

Due to this decision one of the UL's will have to be ditched, and that will be Office 2010, but anyone that would like to take over and keep the list up to date are welcome to do so.;)

• 2 years later...