I've just updated the ULs to include current patches, and have attached them in a post further down thread. Please see Here for the latest update lists. Thanks!
I discovered WUD for the first time last night, and I've already used it to download a very useful collection of patches for XP Pro/2000 Pro/2003 Server to use at home. (I don't have a home Internet connection - Not after the "service" I got from my last ISP!)
Whilst inspecting and customising the update list today, it hit me that even the Windows XP lists havn't been updated in quite some time...So to rectify that problem, I spent a few hours looking up all of the later patches that my friend's PC had updated on and adding them to the update list that I was working on so that I would have as close to an up-to-date list as I could possibly get.
Now, I doubt that I'm the only person who'd like to have a full archive of XP patch updates to hand for use on disconnected and bandwith-limited networks, so I thought I'd share my custom UL here to save anyone else having to go through the pain of keying KB numbers into the MS download site by hand for hours on end!
A few notes about the attached UL:
- This UL points to 242 updates including two service packs for a total of ~1.05GB. If you have limited bandwidth or an ISP who caps usage, you might want to make a chron or overnight job of it.
- This update only addresses files for x86 installations. I apologise, but adding all of the x64/IA64 variants on top would've taken me only the Gods know how long...Given that this update alone took me at least 14 hours to put together by hand!
- This UL has four-digit numbers added to the front of filenames to assist with correct-order installation and quickly pinpointing any files that 401/404 during the download. Higher numbers equal more recent updates, and exact patch dates/KB numbers can be found via reference to the UL file.
- The more recent patches (Those after file 0203) have been found by referencing the "Add/Remove Programs" panel of the XP SP3 machine that I am using to make this post. Fingers crossed, everything's there...But it's possible that some security patches may have been overlooked by this UL if they were cancelled before this PC had a chance to download them.
- To avoid conflicting with the standard ULs that come from J's website, this UL identifies itself as Windows XP SP2+3 Complete (En-GB) - As a result, files'll download to a different location to the usual unless the UL headers are changed beforehand.
- Concerning File 0107: This originally pointed to the Windows Live Messenger installer, but when it 404'd during my HTTP-HEAD tests earlier entering the KB number into the MS download search seemed to return the MSN Messenger 7.0 installer insted. The version being served by Microsoft is digitally signed Sep 2007, so it should hopefully not be as old as the "Messenger 7" (Think Win98 era!) I thought it might be!
- Finally; The entire UL was used by myself earlier today to download and create my static patch repository, so - As at 15th Nov 2010 - All of the update URLs should be complete and accurate.
Farewell for now, thanks again to JCarle for the very handy program, and hope that a few people find this UL useful to them!
+++ DieselDragon +++
Before downloading the attachment below, take a look Down here for a more up to date version of this file!
Number of downloads: 361
This post has been edited by DieselDragon: 16 February 2011 - 10:36 PM