Systray Icon

risk_reversal

Trying to increase the size of one icon in my systray. I just want to make it a bit wider.

Does anyone know the registry key that will allow this. Or is there a prog that will can be used.

Cheers

Usually the notification area only allows icons of a certain size to display (32x32). There may be ways in newer OSes to change that, but in 98 I've never encountered anything that changes this behavior. Seems to be a hard-wired default.

Usually the notification area only allows icons of a certain size to display (32x32). There may be ways in newer OSes to change that, but in 98 I've never encountered anything that changes this behavior. Seems to be a hard-wired default.

32x32???

I thought 16x16...

32x32???

I thought 16x16...

I've been using 32x32 in my programs for system tray icons and have no problems. Actually, though, I've been using icons with the value of GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXICON)xGetSystemMetrics(SM_CYICON). I just tested and on ME and XP both it equates to 32x32. Coincidentally, this is the only dimension that works with the LoadIcon function, so it definitely works. Windows might be scaling the icons down, though. I never really measured it or found anything explicitly stating what the system notification area uses.

32x32 works though, anyhow.

Edited by Glenn9999