Batch nested for loop trouble

You say that the script which you want us to create for you is to be located at:

"D:\Desktop\Forex\MT4 Testing"

You also indicate that each of the individual terminal.exe files are located at:

"D:\Desktop\Forex\MT4 Testing\UnknownFolderName\terminal.exe"

You also suggest that the individual profile names are:

"D:\Desktop\Forex\MT4 Testing\ProfileNameFolder"

You should note that your DIR /B /AD in search of profile parameters for the terminal.exe program will not only collect ProfileNameFolder, it will also pick up undesired UnknownFolderName directories which appear located as children of the same directory structure unless the individual terminal.exe applications are already located within the directories of the individual profiles too. (as I've already mentioned but you've stated otherwise).

Nobody uses real world folder trees using names containing 'Testing', unless they are intending to change the required parameters of the task at a later date. I'm not providing you with a solution for you to attempt to change after the fact therefore provide full paths and and complete information or I will close this Topic!

Those are the actual folder names, yes.

The testing terminal.exe are run for 2 weeks or more before I pick the best one and move that to its own folder and deal with it individually. I won't need to use the batch file for it. The code is ONLY for settings up lots of different terminal.exe with different paramaters to find the best performing one's out of a batch.

How is the batch file supposed to differentiate between the directory containing terminal.exe and a required profile name, since they are both on the same directory level.

e.g.

From your example:

The batch file would find testing 1, testing 2, testing 3, testing 4, testing 5, testing 6, horse 1, horse 2, pony 1, pony 2, turtle 1 and turtle 2 all as profiles

My apologies, I forgot to put in the profiles subfolder that I did put in previous posts for my example. I'll just re-post for clarification.

"D:\Desktop\Forex\MT4 Testing" <- batch file run from

"D:\Desktop\Forex\MT4 Testing\Profiles" <- List of directory profiles

"D:\Desktop\Forex\MT4 Testing\Multi Profile Testing" <-where the terminal.exe's are

So far, after merging your concurrent posts, you have provided this topic with ten posts and not one of them appears to contain anything which corroborates the information you've provided in your last message.

Can you now understand why we're having such difficulty understanding your requirements?

If it is too confusing for you to provide the correct information, why not provide a directory tree attachment or link; (output either TREE or TREE/F from the command prompt to a text file) or supply an actual screenshot of the directory structure.