Files Needed for TAPI

JayMan

Hello,

I am using HFSLIP with the FDVFILES to create a Win2000 installer. The problem I am having is that for some reason it breaks the TAPI and I can't get my modem software to work. I'm able to install my modem drivers and such - but no joy on the program. If I make an installer without the FDVFILES it works fine. So clearly the FDVFILES is excluding some TAPI files.

So I was wanting to know what files are normally installed for the TAPI in win2000, so I can go in and add those files back. Also if there are any reg entries, that info would be helpful as well.

I have been experimenting with this for a couple months with no success - hence me posting this question.

Thanks in advance.

You should try dependency walker or filemon/regmon to see what files/registry are needed on the working win2000.

Thanks for responding. Could you kindly explain exactly what you mean?

Thanks in advance.

Depency walker can identify which files are needed for the specified .exe or .dll.

Filemon and regmon can track every access made (respectively to files and registry entries).

Running dependency walker on your working win2k against the modem software will show which files are needed.

Then you'll need to find your FDVfiles what part was needed.

Using filemon and regmon is another way:

run them and log on bothe the working win2k and non working one and then compare both logs and you should see what is missing.

Depency walker can identify which files are needed for the specified .exe or .dll.

Filemon and regmon can track every access made (respectively to files and registry entries).

Running dependency walker on your working win2k against the modem software will show which files are needed.

Then you'll need to find your FDVfiles what part was needed.

Using filemon and regmon is another way:

run them and log on bothe the working win2k and non working one and then compare both logs and you should see what is missing.

Thank you so much. I have downloaded the files (I had to hunt for the Filemon and Regmon as its no longer available on their website =[ )

I'll be sure to let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks again!