SuperAntiSpyware 4.21.0.1004

frogman

... and I am certain it isn't getting to the firefox cookies either, so it's not much good to me version 4.39

Try using

"CSLite" --Firefox cookies manager addon

to prevent unwanted cookies in the first place.

And try using

Nirsoft's "Mozilla Cookies View" --Cookies Manager

to delete unwanted cookies should they occur.

Thanks, I may try these. :thumbup

If I run an older SAS like 4.15 or 4.24 with a comp. Mode 2000 or XP, I get the same error that folderselection for Custom Scan doesn't work. If I run an older version in default mode or with KEX disabled the folder scan works. So it seems related to KernelEX. The older versions save the selected folders into the "CUSTOM.STG" file. There is same problem with "allowed items" and "excluded folders" (saved to "ALLOWED.STG" and "EXCLUDE.STG").

After installation of a newer version like 4.37 the three .STG files don't exist or the files will be deleted by saving, if there is a profil of an older version.

I will compare it with a SAS installation in XP.

Edited by schwups

• 7 months later...

How to install SuperAntispyware latest version 4.56.0.1000:

KernelEX 4.5.1         WinME

I deleted all my SAS program files in my Win ME SAS folder (C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware) and after that I copied the new SAS 4.56 files of a Win XP installation to my Win ME SAS folder. Now change the comp. mode of SUPERAntiSpyware.exe to XP. It seems to work fine with the known issues that folderselection for custom scan doesn't work and that SAS can dependent to the system take a few seconds or several minutes to load. It needs 140MB RAM to load and after a definitions update more than 400 MB. 

BTW it scans and detects Firefox cookies.

If you don't have a XP installation, you can install version 4.43. 

1. Run the setup till the error message appears (Install Error:   File copy error, aborting installation.)

2. Before you click OK , you must copy the new SAS progam files (C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware) and save them to another folder.

3. Restart

4. Copy the files back into the empty SAS folder.

5. Change the comp. mode of SUPERAntiSpyware.exe to XP (start can take several minutes)

The setup of  version 4.37 runs in comp. mode 2K or XP without error.

One more issue: The additional Repair Tool doesn't work. I suppose that the SASREPAIRS.STG file isn't loaded.

Which version of SuperAntiSpyware for Windows 98 using KernelEx? All versions higher 4,24 or 4.27 need KernelEX to run.

Now a new Version 5.0 is released.

Edited by schwups

One more issue: The additional Repair Tool doesn't work. I suppose that the SASREPAIRS.STG file will not load.

Which version of SuperAntiSpyware for Windows 98 using KernelEx?  All versions higher 4,24 or 4.27 need KernelEX to run.

Now a new Version 5.0 is released.

I attempted to install the new version 5 of SAS, but after the download of the .EXE file when I execute a windows message appears saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in My Computer by clicking View and then clicking folder options."

Other programs of .exe files open ok, any reason for this? I do have the latest KernelEx enabled.

How to install SuperAntispyware latest version 4.56.0.1000:

KernelEX 4.5.1 WinME

I deleted all my SAS program files in my Win ME SAS folder (C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware) and after that I copied the new SAS 4.56 files of a Win XP installation to my Win ME SAS folder. Now change the comp. mode of SUPERAntiSpyware.exe to XP. It seems to work fine with the known issues that folderselection for custom scan doesn't work and that SAS can dependent to the system take a few seconds or several minutes to load. It needs 140MB RAM to load and after a definitions update more than 400 MB.

BTW it scans and detects Firefox cookies.

If you don't have a XP installation, you can install version 4.43.

1. Run the setup till the error message appears (Install Error: File copy error, aborting installation.)

2. Before you click OK , you must copy the new SAS progam files (C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware) and save them to another folder.

3. Restart

4. Copy the files back into the empty SAS folder.

5. Change the comp. mode of SUPERAntiSpyware.exe to XP (start can take several minutes)

The setup of version 4.37 runs in comp. mode 2K or XP without error.

3. Restart what exactly? as when I click on ok the empty folder in the program files disappears so there is no folder to copy the files back to.

Edited by frogman

Make a new folder in the program files and name it SUPERAntiSpyware (C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware).

Maybe I didn't make that clear, I am saying that as soon as I click the OK the folder that will have the files in just deletes automatically.

After attempting as per instructions from schwups I got the message below.

instal10.jpg

Install Error??   I don't have this massege. Do you run the setup once more? Try only to copy back after restart the 23 (unpacked) files to the SUPERAntiSpyware folder and start one of these .exe files in XP comp. mode:  RUNSAS.EXE or SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

The setup only runs up to version 4.37 in comp. mode XP. 

I didn't really tested Version 5. 

I've added SUPERAntiSpyware to KernelEX Wiki. http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/wiki/Category:Compatible_applications

I managed to get 4.37.0.1000 to work on 98 with your instructions, but can I ask, how do I know for sure if it is scanning the Firefox cookies?

I checked the log and it doesn't really help too much.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the right click command for SAS only works when the program is loaded, but the unfortunate thing is when the scan is performed the program automatically closes. This can be annoying in that it takes a good 5 mins or more for the SAS to start up again.

I looked for settings in the program but couldn't see anything related.

Edited by frogman

I managed to get 4.37.0.1000 to work on 98 with your instructions, but can I ask, how do I know for sure if it is scanning the Firefox cookies?

Version 4.37.0.1000 doesn't scans Firefox Cookies. See changelog. I told you in post 12 of this topic. http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__948321 I successfully tested the firefox cookie scan with version 4.43 and 4.56.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the right click command for SAS only works when the program is loaded ...

That's normal!

This can be annoying in that it takes a good 5 mins or more for the SAS to start up again.

Yes, I told that the start up time is very different on my test systems.

...but the unfortunate thing is when the scan is performed the program automatically closes.

I can't confirm this, but I will make more scans to check, whether it is possible.

Edited by schwups