Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

SuperAntiSpyware 4.21.0.1004

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
After attempting as per instructions from schwups I got the message below.

Posted Image

Windows 7 starter - Internet Explorer 11 - Google Chrome

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09

After attempting as per instructions from schwups I got the message below.

Posted Image

Install Error??   I don't have this massege. Do you run the setup once more? Try only to copy back after restart the 23 (unpacked) files to the SUPERAntiSpyware folder and start one of these .exe files in XP comp. mode:  RUNSAS.EXE or SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

The setup only runs up to version 4.37 in comp. mode XP. 

I didn't really tested Version 5. 

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
I've added SUPERAntiSpyware to KernelEX Wiki. http://kernelex.sour...le_applications

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07

I've added SUPERAntiSpyware to KernelEX Wiki. http://kernelex.sour...le_applications

I managed to get 4.37.0.1000 to work on 98 with your instructions, but can I ask, how do I know for sure if it is scanning the Firefox cookies?

I checked the log and it doesn't really help too much.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the right click command for SAS only works when the program is loaded, but the unfortunate thing is when the scan is performed the program automatically closes. This can be annoying in that it takes a good 5 mins or more for the SAS to start up again.

I looked for settings in the program but couldn't see anything related.

Edited by frogman, 11 August 2011 - 09:03 AM.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
I managed to get 4.37.0.1000 to work on 98 with your instructions, but can I ask, how do I know for sure if it is scanning the Firefox cookies?

Version 4.37.0.1000 doesn't scans Firefox Cookies. See changelog. I told you in post 12 of this topic. http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__948321   I successfully tested  the firefox cookie scan with version 4.43 and 4.56.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the right click command for SAS only works when the program is loaded ...

That's normal!

This can be annoying in that it takes a good 5 mins or more for the SAS to start up again.

Yes, I told that the start up time is very different on my test systems.

...but the unfortunate thing is when the scan is performed the program automatically closes.

I can't confirm this, but I will make more scans to check, whether it is possible.

Edited by schwups, 11 August 2011 - 10:34 AM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 10-December 07
Some things to report.

Managed eventually to download 4, 56, 0, 1000.

Quick scan took just over an hour.

No right click available even though it is checked on preferences.

Some macromedia files that the scan caught disappeared from the vault just after removal, so in other words there were none to restore if I had wanted to, only files in vault were I.E cookies after removal.

FF cookies did scan.

Edited by frogman, 11 August 2011 - 02:22 PM.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
Now I've run many scans (Quick and Complete Scans) on four Win ME machines. There was one crash and all others finished successfully. I tested with versions 4.37, 4.43 and 4.56. 

Note: High CPU usage of SAS during scan: 40 - 99%  

If you like to try or use version 4.56 make sure, that you have copied all 23 files in your program folder and run SUPERAntiSpyware.exe in comp. mode XP. The start up time on my systems is very different.

Systems: Between 1GB and 1,8GB System Memory / CPU: Intel P4 630 and 640; Celeron 440; P4 Northwood 2,6 GHz 

Win ME; KernelEX 4.51; RP9.72

Edited by schwups, 30 September 2011 - 06:23 AM.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
It isn't possible to run version 5.0 (tried to run like 4.56). There are a lot of changes between version 4.56 and the new version 5.0.

I get error messages:    "Error Starting Program         The SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE file is linked to missing export SECUR32.dll:GetUserNameExW."

and

"A device attached to the system is not functioning."

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
   To update the definitions now I must download and execute the SASDEFINITIONS.EXE installer (www.superantispyware.com). The normal update check doesn't work anymore for version 4 (blocked). I get a wrong message that the database definitions are up to date. If I reinstall SAS, the normal update check works once only. The second update check fails again.   

Edited by schwups, 22 February 2012 - 04:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users