Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Driver Problem With Atheros AR5B97 In Win2003R2 SP2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

East 17

East 17
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-July 05
Ok .. I've used over 3 versions of the drivers .. all install ok but then the Device Manager displays that yellow exclamation point to signal there's a problem .

I've installed another WLAN card also an that one works with no problem.

How can I get the Atheros AR5B97 chip to work?

I've formatted the OS partition and reinstalled Win2003SRV R2 SP2 2 times by now but nothing changed :(

The card works flawlessly in WinXP SP3 installed on the same PC (dual boot) so there's a OS probleme here not a hardware one. And no ... I have NO other software installed. Just the OS and drivers

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Supervisor
  • 10,525 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Have you tried updating the drivers? Code 10 can mean only a couple of things:
- device is disabled in BIOS (its not)
- device is malfunctioning (its not)
- the driver is not correct

For example, if you were to force a NIC driver to install on an unsupported device, you can get a Code 10.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
office2016_sig_zps5dackl2h.jpg

East 17

East 17
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-July 05
All the drivers I've installed said that they are compatible with WindowsXP or better. Now I have the latest version and I've also installed 3 other versions too with the same result.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Supervisor
  • 10,525 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I wonder if the driver is generic, instead of specifically written for Server 2003 R2 aka Windows v5.2. Some driver makers take a shortcut and just make them for x86, amd64 or ia64 without specifying an OS version.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
office2016_sig_zps5dackl2h.jpg

East 17

East 17
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-July 05

I wonder if the driver is generic, instead of specifically written for Server 2003 R2 aka Windows v5.2. Some driver makers take a shortcut and just make them for x86, amd64 or ia64 without specifying an OS version.

The drivers are these :

http://wikidrivers.c...xx/AR9xxx_win5x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users