Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Sevenize.com

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

oddMLan

oddMLan
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-July 09

w3bbo, don't abandon us... please come back :(

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 470 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06

So uhm, "hi"...

What's the current status of Windows 7 thesedays? Are many GUI fixes still needed?

I use Windows 8.0 and 8.1 a lot at work and I don't feel there is anything I can do there - all of the 2000 and XP-styled resources seem to have gone now, which is good. All that remains is the Metro environment everyone hates, but that's fixed with Stardock's utilities or the free stuff that's available, like Classic Shell / Classic Start Menu.

Posted Image

diljiboy

diljiboy
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 30-March 15

So uhm, "hi"...

What's the current status of Windows 7 thesedays? Are many GUI fixes still needed?

I use Windows 8.0 and 8.1 a lot at work and I don't feel there is anything I can do there - all of the 2000 and XP-styled resources seem to have gone now, which is good. All that remains is the Metro environment everyone hates, but that's fixed with Stardock's utilities or the free stuff that's available, like Classic Shell / Classic Start Menu.

Hey! I am just learning about xpize and sevenize! I just have a huge suggestion. Microsoft is planning on releasing a successor to Windows 8 called Windows 10. They are visually overhauling a ton of elements in the OS and naturally they will probably miss stuff. So maybe a "Tenize" project would be awesome. Windows 10 is in tech preview right now, you can download and install it, and send feedback directly to Windows developers. So there is that, you can sign up for free at preview.windows.com. So could we get a "Tenize" project if necessary?

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,358 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

I just have a huge suggestion. Microsoft is planning on releasing a successor to Windows 8 called Windows 10. They are visually overhauling a ton of elements in the OS and naturally they will probably miss stuff. So maybe a "Tenize" project would be awesome. Windows 10 is in tech preview right now, you can download and install it, and send feedback directly to Windows developers. So there is that, you can sign up for free at preview.windows.com. So could we get a "Tenize" project if necessary?

Maybe you should first post the above under "news" :whistle:, and then make a poll with this:

So could we get a "Tenize" project if necessary?

in order to have W3bbo and all the members of the board directly appreciate how much this suggestion/initiative would be appreciated.

jaclaz

diljiboy

diljiboy
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 30-March 15

I just have a huge suggestion. Microsoft is planning on releasing a successor to Windows 8 called Windows 10. They are visually overhauling a ton of elements in the OS and naturally they will probably miss stuff. So maybe a "Tenize" project would be awesome. Windows 10 is in tech preview right now, you can download and install it, and send feedback directly to Windows developers. So there is that, you can sign up for free at preview.windows.com. So could we get a "Tenize" project if necessary?

Maybe you should first post the above under "news" :whistle:, and then make a poll with this:

So could we get a "Tenize" project if necessary?

in order to have W3bbo and all the members of the board directly appreciate how much this suggestion/initiative would be appreciated.

jaclaz

Not sure how to post under "news". Any help?

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,358 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Not sure how to post under "news". Any help?

First thing check the dictionary, at the S letter:

http://www.merriam-w...tionary/sarcasm

I was jokingly highlighting how that part is (obviously) NOT news, we all know about the Windows 10 thingy tech preview, feedback, preview.windows.com and what not and there are already on the board quite a few projects revolving around changing Windows 10 looks and/or behaviour to make it actually work, sinmce the good MS guys are doing everything BUT listening to feedback/requests.

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users