KernelEx for Win2000

I enhanced this WineD3D branch somewhat, here is the download link:

http://rghost.net/8gYX4dzq5

Changes:

- Some implementations from Wine upstream

- Updated d3d10.dll according to KB3015171

BlackWingCat, I haven't tested it on Windows XP yet, cuz I need XP with support of msvcrt.dll from Vista, I don't have such a computer on hand. But it works on Win2003 without problems.

I compile these binaries with "-march=presscott" flag, maybe your problems are because of lack of SSE3 support.

Edited by Svyatpro

I enhanced this WineD3D branch somewhat, here is the download link:

http://rghost.net/8gYX4dzq5

Changes:

- Some implementations from Wine upstream

- Updated d3d10.dll according to KB3015171

BlackWingCat, I haven't tested it on Windows XP yet, cuz I need XP with support of msvcrt.dll from Vista, I don't have such a computer on hand. But it works on Win2003 without problems.

I compile these binaries with "-march=presscott" flag, maybe your problems are because of lack of SSE3 support.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1706829.html

Here is update include Vista msvcrt.dll on XP support.

Plz Try to extract exe file.

My Windows 2000 is supported IsProcessorFeaturePresent on SSE3 and Xeon(X3360) Processor.

It works on XP SP3 NT5.1 as well as on Win2003. Tested on Acer Aspire TravelMate 5520G with HD2400XT onboard. I just had to install your Vista's msvcrt.dll update, also MSVCR90 and DirectX redist files may be required. 

OfWWVyC.png

Here is a little bit more updated version:

http://rghost.net/6LHwrNxM9

Changes:

-Added SM4 UGE opcode recognition from Wine upstream

I noticed one interesting thing, when you copy these D3D libs to System32 folder, Crysis 2007 runs with a "-dx10" switch but the screen is black and sound is playing.

If you are experienced in C programming you can wisely merge Wine-Staging-patched repository with PigFlyGames repository. I tried to do it myself, but not all the patches can be merged correctly.

Wine-Staging-patched repo: https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-patched

PigFlyGames repo: https://github.com/PigFlyGames/wine/tree/crysis

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1706829.html

Here is update include Vista msvcrt.dll on XP support.

Plz Try to extract exe file.

My Windows 2000 is supported IsProcessorFeaturePresent on SSE3 and Xeon(X3360) Processor.

Edited by Svyatpro

@blackwingcat Broadcom LAN

I managed to get broadcom LAN working on windows 2000 macbook pro with your new .inf file. I tweaked registry, loaded w2k system hive into xp and copied the (wrong) broadcom hklm\controlsetxxx\pci\ven_XXXX&dev_XXXX entries from the source machine to the right macbook ven & dev.

Broadcom only works with w2k.sys, 15.xx version complains with code 31 "necessary drivers could not be loaded". With remote desktop and working LAN I got usb mouse and usb keybord working (XP version). I also installed the intel chipset drivers. But: since I installed LAN, windows 2000 will not boot any more with ntkrnlmp, only with ntoskrnl (uniprocessor).  In safe mode, ntkrnlmp can be used if NOT used "safe mode with network drivers". I will check this in the next days and tell the results. Before I have to check the system dev, because not everything is like it should be (intel pci root port 0045 - code 12 - ressources).

Greetings Joe

@blackwingcat

Broadcom LAN:

14xx.sys and new .inf file is stable on my system. It was not the reason for problem with ntkrnlmp. I also installed WIFI broadcom LAN without problems (software still missing). 

Problem seems to be thunderbolt 1394 device. It is not listed in network devices, although the ohci device seems to work properly in devmgr. If I use ntkrnlmp, system will freeze at "windows is starting up" after sucessful boot, but before loading net. 

Next problem is audio, macbook has a rare cirrus CS4206A (AB11) device, the XP driver will not work because of 3 missing dependencies in kernel. Next problem notebook nvidia GT330M, which has (with the corresponding subsys) only support with nvidia notebook driver 307.83. Next problem apple isight usb cam which works with usbvideo.sys. Next problem broadcom bluetooth. So I am not sure if it is better to give up and use XP32.  I also tried before to use 2k3 - no audio driver available, and system crashes on boot if more than 4GB Ram are inserted.

Exkernel 25e bug report:

I localized 25e and tried to use on my system. There is a new msvcrt.dll inside: 7.0.3790.4341. With this, I have many complaints about missing entry points: _wcsncpy_s (mmc, ccc), _except_handler4_common (k-meleon). Furthermore, Outlook 2003 crashes on closing. Should I stick to 7.0.6002.22755?

Greetings, Joe

blackwingcat, maybe you can figure this out.

I found something that looks to be similar to the D3DGear application I brought up a few weeks ago. It's located here: http://www.ezvid.com/

It requires a minimum of Windows XP SP3, so I do think there could be potential in this. The installer doesn't seem to work, even if I try tricking it with the kdw compatibility tool. However, since it works with XP, then that must mean it doesn't need DirectX 10 even. Is this something that might be able to work on 2000? I installed it on a copy of 7 and transferred the program itself to my 2000 computer but it crashes with an MS error. However, it might just be because it wasn't physically installed on this machine. I think this program might be the best solution to my needs for video recording while also recording from a webcam at the same time.

When you run update\setup.exe and select NT6 system on MSVCRT, Exkernel install msvcrt version 7.0.6002.22755.

I think that it is not bug.

@blackwingcat

Exkernel 25e bug report:

I localized 25e and tried to use on my system. There is a new msvcrt.dll inside: 7.0.3790.4341. With this, I have many complaints about missing entry points: _wcsncpy_s (mmc, ccc), _except_handler4_common (k-meleon). Furthermore, Outlook 2003 crashes on closing. Should I stick to 7.0.6002.22755?

Greetings, Joe

I found something that looks to be similar to the D3DGear application I brought up a few weeks ago. It's located here: http://www.ezvid.com/

It requires a minimum of Windows XP SP3, so I do think there could be potential in this. The installer doesn't seem to work, even if I try tricking it with the kdw compatibility tool. However, since it works with XP, then that must mean it doesn't need DirectX 10 even. Is this something that might be able to work on 2000? I installed it on a copy of 7 and transferred the program itself to my 2000 computer but it crashes with an MS error. However, it might just be because it wasn't physically installed on this machine. I think this program might be the best solution to my needs for video recording while also recording from a webcam at the same time.

Hi.

At first You should not set ezvid1.002b03.exe but ezvid1.002b03.tmp with fcwin XP mode.

And You can install it easy from ezvid_package.exe

I traced it

L79241B98:

SUB_L791B077A:

SUB_L793EA4AF:

SUB_L793935A5:

SUB_L79391286:

May be 7939163A ?

(0x80040154)

call    SUB_L793B4C5C

It seems to fail CoGetClassObject {48967118-C4C9-435C-94D8-001247B9A52A} BytescoutScreenCapturing.Capturer

C:\WINNT\system32\BytescoutScreenCapturing.dll

It seems not to install on Win2000.

I try to copy the following files.

BytescoutScreenCapturingFilter.dll

BytescoutVideoMixerFilter.dll

BytescoutScreenCapturing.dll

and register COM with regsvr32.

At later it seems to run with DirectX problem (because it may be virtual machine.).

Edited by blackwingcat

@ blackwingcat bug exkernel

Sorry, I apologize. I had mismatch vista and "normal" files, _wcsncpy_s and other messages are gone since I fixed mismatch.

Outlook crash is not gone with exkernel 25e. If I start outlook, everything works fine. Only on closing, it crashes and wants to send problem report to microsoft. In event mgr, message: "faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8326.0, stamp 4c1c2372, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.0.2195.7235, stamp 5342609f, debug? 0, fault address 0x000572bc". What could be the reason for this?

Greetings Joe

Does it occur on exkernel 25e only (not 25d) ?

Plz try to disassemble outlook.exe 0x000572bc

http://www.heaventools.de/overview.htm

@ blackwingcat bug exkernel

Sorry, I apologize. I had mismatch vista and "normal" files, _wcsncpy_s and other messages are gone since I fixed mismatch.

Outlook crash is not gone with exkernel 25e. If I start outlook, everything works fine. Only on closing, it crashes and wants to send problem report to microsoft. In event mgr, message: "faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8326.0, stamp 4c1c2372, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.0.2195.7235, stamp 5342609f, debug? 0, fault address 0x000572bc". What could be the reason for this?

Greetings Joe

I copied kernel32 v7230 into system32 => no crash at closing outlook.
I again copied kernel32 v7235 into system32 => crash at closing outlook.
I disassembled outlook.exe, starting address 30000000, entry point 30001084. So bug must be found at 300572BC, isn't it? But code of disassembly only reaches to 30003004 with pe explorer. I also had a look into drwatson log. Perhaps this is of interest (attached).

outlook_fault_exkernel.txt

Hi.

At first You should not set ezvid1.002b03.exe but ezvid1.002b03.tmp with fcwin XP mode.

And You can install it easy from ezvid_package.exe

I traced it

L79241B98:

SUB_L791B077A:

SUB_L793EA4AF:

SUB_L793935A5:

SUB_L79391286:

May be 7939163A ?

(0x80040154)

call    SUB_L793B4C5C

It seems to fail CoGetClassObject {48967118-C4C9-435C-94D8-001247B9A52A} BytescoutScreenCapturing.Capturer

C:\WINNT\system32\BytescoutScreenCapturing.dll

It seems not to install on Win2000.

I try to copy the following files.

BytescoutScreenCapturingFilter.dll

BytescoutVideoMixerFilter.dll

BytescoutScreenCapturing.dll

and register COM with regsvr32.

At later it seems to run with DirectX problem (because it may be virtual machine.).

Thanks for the suggestion, sadly I still get stuck by a MS error reporting message and the program will not launch at all, I don't even get a dx error so I don't know what's going on with it.

It seems to fail to run lstrcmpiW.

Sorry, I want more information.

I copied kernel32 v7230 into system32 => no crash at closing outlook.
I again copied kernel32 v7235 into system32 => crash at closing outlook.
I disassembled outlook.exe, starting address 30000000, entry point 30001084. So bug must be found at 300572BC, isn't it? But code of disassembly only reaches to 30003004 with pe explorer. I also had a look into drwatson log. Perhaps this is of interest (attached).

I think it did not crashes on OutLookexe but omap.

Plz see module addresses

@blackwingcat

I have attached full disassembly of outlook.exe with pe explorer. I made disassembly with kernel v7230. If it makes a difference which kernel is used while disassembling and you need disassembly with kernel v7235, let me know.

Greetings, Joe