KernelEx for Win2000

I have the kernel ex installed, but can someone explain to me why page down, alt f4, vmware tools, tab, and all the arrow keys stopped working? I am also unable to drag files in from my host OS. Strangely enough, ctrl w (close browser tab), and ctrl a still works. Everything was working fine before the kernel ex installation.

Did you download nvw2k35306.cab ?

if it shows "bad gateway" , you should set browser referer.

if it shows another error, reload that page.

Hi blackwingcat, I was trying to download your latest extended kernel and one of the nvidia drivers from your site, but I appear to be unable to, all I get are errors when I try-is there an alternate download location for those files?

How do I install nvw2k35306?  I tried updating from Device Manager but it's prompting for files. I also installed Windows2000-KB935839-v25e-x86-ENU.exe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This seemed to fall on deaf ears before, but now this is an annoying problem.

I don't know about the newer KernelEx versions, but something is broken in the networking department. I'll have to wait until I trigger it again, but now I'm trying to share an LPT1 printer on my Windows 2000 machine...and when I try to print to it from another computer, the Windows 2000 machine bluescreens and restarts. This also happens when I try to access a network share and try to view files on it. I can copy without ill effects but if I say try to open a word document, bluescreen. I don't really want to upgrade KernelEx because it broke a few things that I use but can you test the networking of what I just described to see if there's a problem going on because it's really starting to tick me off.

Edited by Tommy

If you can find out the cause of file, please tell me.

I think it makes your help the following.

* replace to ndis.sys. (extended kernel Core)

* replace to original ws2_32.dll

* edit boot.ini and compare PAE kernal and another.

* replace to original ntoskrnel.exe. (It may be difficult if you use the device it depends extended core)

This seemed to fall on deaf ears before, but now this is an annoying problem.

I don't know about the newer KernelEx versions, but something is broken in the networking department. I'll have to wait until I trigger it again, but now I'm trying to share an LPT1 printer on my Windows 2000 machine...and when I try to print to it from another computer, the Windows 2000 machine bluescreens and restarts. This also happens when I try to access a network share and try to view files on it. I can copy without ill effects but if I say try to open a word document, bluescreen. I don't really want to upgrade KernelEx because it broke a few things that I use but can you test the networking of what I just described to see if there's a problem going on because it's really starting to tick me off.

Okay, I made it so the bluescreen doesn't automatically restart the computer upon showing itself. Here's what I got.

STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Address B7909DAB BASE @ B78FA000 srv.sys

I haven't crashed it multiple times to see if it's consistent though,

Umm.

Which version srv.sys do you use ?

Okay, I made it so the bluescreen doesn't automatically restart the computer upon showing itself. Here's what I got.

STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Address B7909DAB BASE @ B78FA000 srv.sys

I haven't crashed it multiple times to see if it's consistent though,

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158589-stop-0x1e-in-srvsys/

It seems to be same issue.

Please try to replace to version 5.0.2195.7365.

And if the older  version make to be stable, it is  WildBill&s kernel's issue.

If you can upload it, I will analyze it.

It's version 5.0.2195.7369

Edited by blackwingcat

I uploaded the file to this post, I'll try the other version you mentioned and see what happens.

Edit: I downloaded version 5.0.2195.7365 and not only does printing work again, but I can also open word documents on the network share and not have the system crash. I haven't fully explored it yet...but I think this might be the big issue I've had for ages and ages and should very well be corrected, especially in newer versions of UURollup.

srv.zip

Edited by Tommy

Hi.

I found critical bug in WildBill's kernel srv.sys.

I hope to be fixed it by him.

L0001FD11:  		mov	ecx,[esi+54h]  		mov	[ebp-04h],eax  		mov	eax,[esi+58h] ; ************ EAX = [esi+58h]  		mov	ecx,[ecx+10h]  		sub	ecx,[ebp-04h]  		movzx	edx,[edi+03h]  		add	ecx,eax  		mov	[ebp-08h],edx  		cmp	edx,ecx  		jc 	L0001FD30  		mov	[ebp-08h],ecx L0001FD30:  		mov	edi,[edi+05h]  		jmp	L0001FD70 L0001FD70:  		and	dword ptr [ebp-18h],00000000h  		mov	[ebp-1Ch],edi  		cmp	byte ptr [ebx+1Dh],00h  		jnz	L0001FDAB  		mov	ecx,[ebx+000000A8h]  		mov	edx,[ebp-18h]  		mov	ecx,[ecx+08h]  		add	ecx,00000040h  		cmp	edx,[ecx+04h]  		jg 	L0001FDAB  		jl 	L0001FD97  		cmp	edi,[ecx]  		jnc	L0001FDAB	;************************ L0001FDAB:  		movzx	eax,[eax+1Ah]; ************ EAX = [esi+58h]  		mov	ebx,[ebx+40h]  		or	ebx,eax  		mov	eax,[ebp-0Ch]  		mov	ecx,[eax+48h]  		test	ecx,ecx  		jz 	L0001FDED  		mov	edx,[esi+68h]  		push	[eax+38h]

LB79353D8:  		movzx	eax,[edi+03h]; ************ EAX = [edi+03h]  		cmp	eax,[ebp-08h]  		jnc	LB7909D31  		jmp	LB7909D2E LB7909D2E:  		mov	[ebp-08h],eax LB7909D31:  		mov	edi,[edi+05h]  		jmp	LB7909D70 LB7909D70:  		and	dword ptr [ebp-18h],00000000h  		mov	[ebp-1Ch],edi  		cmp	byte ptr [ebx+1Dh],00h  		jnz	LB7909DAB !  		mov	ecx,[ebx+000000A8h]  		mov	edx,[ebp-18h]  		mov	ecx,[ecx+08h]  		add	ecx,00000040h  		cmp	edx,[ecx+04h]  		jg 	LB7909DAB  		jl 	LB7909D97  		cmp	edi,[ecx]  		jnc	LB7909DAB;********************** LB7909DAB:  		movzx	eax,[eax+1Ah]; ************ EAX = [edi+03h] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  		mov	ebx,[ebx+40h]  		or	ebx,eax  		mov	eax,[ebp-0Ch]  		mov	ecx,[eax+48h]  		test	ecx,ecx

I uploaded the file to this post, I'll try the other version you mentioned and see what happens.

Edited by blackwingcat

Does this bad file exist in the latest UURollup versions? If it does, it should be replaced at once until the problem can be solved. I'm sticking with the 2013 version because of compatibility and since it does what I need it to, there is really no reason for my to change at this point in time.

I'm having another problem as well that has been ongoing, installing either UURollup or the kernel update on my Dell Inspiron 1525 breaks the Intel Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network software. Each time you reboot, it says that there is no adapter found and you need to do a repair installation and then it'll work for that session. But if you reboot or shut down and bring it back up, it'll be the same story over again.