KernelEx for Win2000

It's for use with other programs only? I know it's a compnonent of IE8 but thought it could be installed independently as an upgrade to the system. That would be better since POSReady 2009 will be updated until 2019 while Vista ends in 2017.

I remember to create 2 packages before for Windows 2000.

1. WSH 5.8 install package.(many years ago.)

2. Full packaged HFSLIP Windows 2000 extended kernel kit.

It's for use with other programs only? I know it's a compnonent of IE8 but thought it could be installed independently as an upgrade to the system. That would be better since POSReady 2009 will be updated until 2019 while Vista ends in 2017.

The WSH 5.8 install  package from 2009 was what I was trying to install but it won't, the buttons on the interface are frozen.

Does it require registry updates to work properly or can we just extract the files and copy them over into system32? Microsoft will be updating 5.8 until at least 2019, that's why it's better to have that version instead of 5.7.

will you show any sample program ?

I will try it on my windows 2000 + WHS5.8

And plz show me cscript.exe and jscript.dll and vbscript.dll version

The WSH 5.8 install  package from 2009 was what I was trying to install but it won't, the buttons on the interface are frozen.

Does it require registry updates to work properly or can we just extract the files and copy them over into system32? Microsoft will be updating 5.8 until at least 2019, that's why it's better to have that version instead of 5.7.

Hi blackwingcat, I don't know what you mean regarding programs because I'm not sure which ones use it other than Office. I mainly run personal scripts to make OS tasks easier so that probably uses vbscript.dll (version 5.7.6002.23659). Jscript.dll is the same version while cscrip is 5.7.0.16535.

It was just a matter of updating the system since WSH has quite a few holes and is constantly being patched by Microsoft. I'd say Office is the most vulnerable.

• 3 weeks later...

I released Extendede Kernel v2.5f4a (10th Nov)

- TLS 128-bit & 256-bit AES cipher suites Support.

- Improved the crash when terminate Vista application.

- included some security update.(GDIPLUS etc.)

- add following functions (for iTunes 12.3)
SHGetAttributesFromDataObject
GetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID
SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID
SetGestureConfig (stub)
GetGestureInfo (stub)
CloseGestureInfoHandle (stub)
UnregisterPowerSettingNotification (stub)
RegisterPowerSettingNotification (stub)

Edited by blackwingcat

@ blackwingcat net framework 3.5

I managed to install german language pack with vs_setup.msi VSEXTUI=1. Everything is fine now, thank you very much.

Another question:

Is it possible to use WLAN utility from XP32 (which shows the WLAN networks and let you connect) in windows 2000 exkernel? I need an application for macbook pro broadcom WLAN 802.11n (BCMWL5.sys).

Second question: Is it possible to add _CIcos, _CIsin and _CIsqrt functions into exkernel? These functions are missing in rare CIRRUS audio circuit XP driver on macbook pro 2010.

Greetings Joe

Hi.

1. It is possible without WLAN Util use WLAN API. (Extended Kernel has stub only.)

2. It is possible, but too complex and need many time and there is little benefit for me so I does not embed these functions.

@ blackwingcat net framework 3.5

I managed to install german language pack with vs_setup.msi VSEXTUI=1. Everything is fine now, thank you very much.

Another question:

Is it possible to use WLAN utility from XP32 (which shows the WLAN networks and let you connect) in windows 2000 exkernel? I need an application for macbook pro broadcom WLAN 802.11n (BCMWL5.sys).

Second question: Is it possible to add _CIcos, _CIsin and _CIsqrt functions into exkernel? These functions are missing in rare CIRRUS audio circuit XP driver on macbook pro 2010.

Greetings Joe

• 2 weeks later...

blackwingcat if you get a chance can you test out the latest dssenh.dll version 5.1.2600.6924. With that flash activex won't install or uninstall for me as I'm getting a runtime error. Going back to 5.1.2600.5507 fixes it.

Rsaenh.dll version 5.1.2600.6924 is ok as is the new schannel version 5.1.2600.6926.

Edit: please disregard this, I was having the problem with an older version of Extended Kernel (2.4d7) but with your updated one there are no problems that I can see with dssenh.dll.

Edited by DanR20

If you use old version extended kernel, try to replace new advapi32.dll.

blackwingcat if you get a chance can you test out the latest dssenh.dll version 5.1.2600.6924. With that flash activex won't install or uninstall for me as I'm getting a runtime error. Going back to 5.1.2600.5507 fixes it.

Rsaenh.dll version 5.1.2600.6924 is ok as is the new schannel version 5.1.2600.6926.

Edit: please disregard this, I was having the problem with an older version of Extended Kernel (2.4d7) but with your updated one there are no problems that I can see with dssenh.dll.

blackwingcat, how is the latest gdiplus.dll version 6.0.6002.23835 working for you? On my end it's breaking some programs and preventing the latest Shockwave player object version 12.2.2.172 and the previous 12.2.171 from loading on the Firefox webpage. You can test it here:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/?promoid=GXVZD

Reverting back to gdiplus.dll version 5.2.6002.23775 resolves the problem. 

9df5dfc8.png

Here is my environment.

Does it seems to make its progress slowly ?

blackwingcat, how is the latest gdiplus.dll version 6.0.6002.23835 working for you? On my end it's breaking some programs and preventing the latest Shockwave player object version 12.2.2.172 and the previous 12.2.171 from loading on the Firefox webpage. You can test it here:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/?promoid=GXVZD

Reverting back to gdiplus.dll version 5.2.6002.23775 resolves the problem. 

So it's working for you then, just taking longer to load? I gave it five minutes but it still remained blank.

Also the newer gdsiplus version breaks some hacked in programs like Quick Time. The last official QT version for W2k was 7.16 but I copied in a later one from XP and it worked but the latest gdsiplus breaks it. The main problem however is the shockwave player, I do need that so I'll just keep the older gdiplus for now.

Now I can test only VMWare Environment.(I'm not at home.)

Page load spent about 30-40 seconds at first time, at second time and later about 20 seconds.

The shockwave UI showed 10-20seconds  after it shows page with blank UI.

On my environment it spent time as same as GDIv1.0.

What does your Shockwave Player version ?

So it's working for you then, just taking longer to load? I gave it five minutes but it still remained blank.

Also the newer gdsiplus version breaks some hacked in programs like Quick Time. The last official QT version for W2k was 7.16 but I copied in a later one from XP and it worked but the latest gdsiplus breaks it. The main problem however is the shockwave player, I do need that so I'll just keep the older gdiplus for now.