KernelEx for Win2000

On 2016/9/5 at 5:34 PM, DanR20 said:

@mixit, an update on your fix: been running Firefox right along and no crashes yet. Hoping there's no more major breaks from now until v52 goes into esr.

Good to know. Unfortunately though, it doesn't seem to work for everyone. But I'm guessing BWC will make a proper fix for this sooner or later, there's still plenty of time until 51 is released.

There could be other factors involved causing the crashes not related to your hack or possibly conflicting with it that's unique to his setup. All I know is that it's working great here although I agree a more permanent solution would be better.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2016 at 7:56 PM, patty.yivy said:

Why, so anxious about Firefox "original"? Please, consider Palemoon, Cyberfox, as their the newest versions work like a charm!

You're using Palemoon on w2k? Last I tried it on Win 7 several must-have addons of mine were broke but it maybe I'll download the portable and give it another chance.

10 hours ago, DanR20 said:

You're using Palemoon on w2k? Last I tried it on Win 7 several must-have addons of mine were broke but it maybe I'll download the portable and give it another chance.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1897484.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1897706.html

I described about it. :3

On 09/28/2016 at 6:24 PM, DanR20 said:

Yes, I use PaleMoon and Cyberfox on BlackWingsCat's w2k, and yes I use usually portable versions of any software whenever and wherever only possible :)

However,I have issue of another nature, RemoteUtilities-Viewer doesn't want to connect to hosts when running on this w2k, when running e.g.on xp on the same machine then it's ok, this must be something with network, maybe ip6 deficiency in w2k? Any idea please?

Edited by patty.yivy

Hi blackwingcat, thanks for that fix. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere but I can't find the download link, the very last v2.8h on the kernelex page is coming up empty, would you have a direct link to the updated one ?

Also this announcement from Mozilla says they'll be ending support for XP after v52:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/firefox-53-will-drop-support-for-windows-xp-and-windows-vista-508688.shtml

Looks like more changes and updates will eventually need to be made but 52esr will be good at least until mid-2018 so there's plenty of time and even if FF or its forks becomes impossible to run anymore to see these programs still going 8 years after the end of w2k support is quite a feat.

On 2016年10月8日 at 10:45 PM, DanR20 said:

Hi blackwingcat, thanks for that fix. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere but I can't find the download link, the very last v2.8h on the kernelex page is coming up empty, would you have a direct link to the updated one ?

Also this announcement from Mozilla says they'll be ending support for XP after v52:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/firefox-53-will-drop-support-for-windows-xp-and-windows-vista-508688.shtml

Looks like more changes and updates will eventually need to be made but 52esr will be good at least until mid-2018 so there's plenty of time and even if FF or its forks becomes impossible to run anymore to see these programs still going 8 years after the end of w2k support is quite a feat.

Hi, I fixed link yesterday,

@blackwingcat

Hi.

I localized enu exkernel 28hG. I have error starting k-meleon with kernel v7253 similar to the error I reported may01, 2016. Now, 0x77ec720a references 0x7c5c5550, and "read" could not be done. See log file. Last time, it was easy for you :-)

Greetings Joe

drwatson.txt

Edited by JosefReisinger

2 hours ago, JosefReisinger said:

@blackwingcat

Hi.

I localized enu exkernel 28hG. I have error starting k-meleon with kernel v7253 similar to the error I reported may01, 2016. Now, 0x77ec720a references 0x7c5c5550, and "read" could not be done. See log file. Last time, it was easy for you :-)

Greetings Joe

drwatson.txt

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1937464.html

Sorry, I replaced it.

Thx, error is gone.

Another: Some time ago I posted troubles with new d3d9.dll / ati graphics with k-meleon while dxdiag shows no error. Short after start k-meleon homepage turns black without error message. You responded it could be problem with ati while nvidia has no problem.

I´ve got the same result with nvidia gtx970. d3d9.dll v5.4.2195.5513 works. v5.3.2195.5514 => k-meleon screen turns black after a few seconds. Window itself with menu items stay visible.

I also tried with k-meleon portable 76A beta. Fortunally, now there is error message DXGI: 0xffbadd11 references 0xffbadd11, operation "read".

I attach drwatson file.

Note: I had to rebase d3d9.dll to 0x4B720000, original 4B660000 will load at different address than base address.

d3d9_drwatson.txt

7 hours ago, JosefReisinger said:

Thx, error is gone.

Another: Some time ago I posted troubles with new d3d9.dll / ati graphics with k-meleon while dxdiag shows no error. Short after start k-meleon homepage turns black without error message. You responded it could be problem with ati while nvidia has no problem.

I´ve got the same result with nvidia gtx970. d3d9.dll v5.4.2195.5513 works. v5.3.2195.5514 => k-meleon screen turns black after a few seconds. Window itself with menu items stay visible.

I also tried with k-meleon portable 76A beta. Fortunally, now there is error message DXGI: 0xffbadd11 references 0xffbadd11, operation "read".

I attach drwatson file.

Note: I had to rebase d3d9.dll to 0x4B720000, original 4B660000 will load at different address than base address.

d3d9_drwatson.txt

The  0xffbadd11 seems "FireFox BAD Dx11" :3

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 weeks later...

@blackwingcat

DXGI Error of K-meleon 76A is gone after renaming / deleting d3d11.dll from system32. It will load d3d9.dll instead. Now, same problem with black browser window when using v5.3.2195.5514.

Part of the problem could be that EXKDXCNF.exe does not work correctly with german w2k. Error message rplbfile and second error message "d3d9 cannot be written to" will pop up even when d3d9.dll is NOT used by browser or another process (I controlled with processexplorer). Problem with different bases or location? I simply copied content of dx folder from extracted exkernel kb into system32.

Greetings Joe

Edited by JosefReisinger