KernelEx for Win2000

It looks like there is a new version of Java 6: 141 b31. Might as well forget the v131 then, if you are able to get a hold of this latest one blackwingcat I'd appreciate it. I'll be glad when Java is gone but it's still going to be around awhile yet.  

On 27.1.2017 at 7:56 AM, blackwingcat said:

Did you use the Win2000 CD integrated SP4 and set EnabledLBA ?

I used a Win2000 Adv Server CD with SP4. I set EnabledLBA, but I dont thinkt I need it, because the Array is just 80GB big.

I have a few other questions.

1: @JosefReisinger gave me the files for the patched kernel without an installer. How do I install them?

2: Is it possible to include the KernelEx with nLite into a CD Setup? With Update Packs do I need? If I try to install IE6 with the Hotfix Menu in nLite he gives me errors.

3: May I include the driver with nLite or do I need to search a floppy drive?

4: Is it possible to use it with Datacenter? Because I have 24Gigs of RAM and Using them in 2K would simply be awesome:cool:

Thanx and Greets

commodore128d

@ commodore 128d:

If you like I can provide you a link to experimental HFSLIP DEU extended w2k installation DVD kit. Tutorial is the same as for blackwingcats DVD - you find it with google "blackwingcat hfslip dvd".

@ blackwingcat:

I installed wmp11 from your website. It installed JPN, but hung up with genuine check. Then I replaced setup_wm.exe with DEU file, and installation succeeded. Afterwards, I replaced all JPN files 11.0.5721.5262 with german ones. Everything works fine now, but two errors:

1. On starting up, wmp11 complains about "old driver, which is unsupported on wmp".

2. Tagging problem: on clicking "album" wmp will show covers and title. But if I choose "option" -> "details", titles will show up like before with big distance, but covers between the titles go away. So, no alphabetic list. If I click on "artist", same. But If I want to show music titles, It will only show the track numbers with the same distance than with covers in between, no title, no artist, no track length.

Perhaps you can tell easily, which files can be responsible for these errors.

Greetings Joe

12 hours ago, commodore128d said:

DEV_ID is DEV_2822.

I've attached a Screenshot.

RAID.JPG

Did it show device list "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller", After you press F6 and insert FD ?

If it does not show it. Check your file list on your fd.

It includes "IAAHCI.INF, IAAHCI.CAT, IASTOR.inf, IASTOR.CAT, IASTOR.sys, TXTSETUP.OEM "

Got a new problem with the 54 nightlies, now getting this error:

The procedure entry point K32GetMappedFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I've tried replacing and removing "K32GetMappedFileNameW" from xul.dll but in both cases I then get a "Can't lead XPCOM" error. Anybody else experiencing this? This is something they just added in the last few days as "K32GetMappedFileNameW" was not there prior.

6 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Got a new problem with the 54 nightlies, now getting this error:

The procedure entry point K32GetMappedFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I've tried replacing and removing "K32GetMappedFileNameW" from xul.dll but in both cases I then get a "Can't lead XPCOM" error. Anybody else experiencing this? This is something they just added in the last few days as "K32GetMappedFileNameW" was not there prior.

extended kernel has K32GetMappedFileNameW since before :3

Perhaps your install option has problem.

What I did was to install your latest KernelEx (I had a slightly older one) and it was installed with the default options except for condition variable that was unchecked. The only entry I checked was DirectX 10 stub, although I'm not sure exactly what that does yet. My video card does support DX10.

The "K32GetMappedFileNameW" error is gone but now I'm getting this instead:

The procedure entry point CoGetApartmentType could not be located in the dynamic library ole32.dll.

CoGetApartmentType is for Windows 7 and later, is that call function available in ole32 and are you able to open the very latest 54 nightly inbound without this error??

Edited by DanR20

15 hours ago, DanR20 said:

What I did was to install your latest KernelEx (I had a slightly older one) and it was installed with the default options except for condition variable that was unchecked. The only entry I checked was DirectX 10 stub, although I'm not sure exactly what that does yet. My video card does support DX10.

The "K32GetMappedFileNameW" error is gone but now I'm getting this instead:

The procedure entry point CoGetApartmentType could not be located in the dynamic library ole32.dll.

CoGetApartmentType is for Windows 7 and later, is that call function available in ole32 and are you able to open the very latest 54 nightly inbound without this error??

Okay. Will support this function Extended kernel  v2.8j

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1943802.html

On 2017/2/1 at 2:00 PM, commodore128d said:

@JosefReisinger

That would be awesome!

Link to HFSLIP *DEU* DVD:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4xT-Ijy4pErWnZrTWk3SHRaNEk/view?usp=sharing

It will take long time to download. You do not need to combine cabs. Just expand HFSLIPMain.7z and put content of ORIGINAL W2k installation disk into SOURCE directory. In drivercab, add the drivers you need and delete drivers you don't need. If you put storage drivers into STORAGE, be careful to change storage.ini, too. A lot of drivers are yet inside, so perhaps you don't need to do it. You should examine HFGUIRUNONCE. A lot of additional progs there. If you are done, make iso DVD file by running hfslip-w2k.cmd. If possible, try it first on virtual machine. If OK, burn ISO and install.

HFSLIP *DEU* DVD was made by me according to blackwingcats version 2016 DVD (not available in ENU), but without the browsers firefox and safari, I put k-meleon browser instead.

There some known bugs - mmc-error. You have to load snap-ins into mmc directly and save it in 3.0, then all snap-ins are useable again, although mmc error message will persist. And Windows defender refuses to work in german environement (I use avast 8.0.1506 instead).

Please note, I cannot offer support for this experimental version, but feel free to post your comments or suggestions here.

Greetings Joe

PS: "Viel Freude und gutes Gelingen"!

If other people here want to try out german version, link is not restricted. Feel free to download. W2k will live forever!

Edited by JosefReisinger

I am not a permanent 2k user but one-thing can you put this function

int __stdcall IdnToAscii(int a1, int a2, int a3, int a4, int a5)
{
  int v5; // eax@2
  DWORD v7; // ST10_4@7

if ( a1 & 0xFFFFFFFC )
  {
    SetLastError(0x3ECu);
  }
  else
  {
    v5 = RtlIdnToAscii(a1, a2, a3, a4, &a5);
    if ( v5 >= 0 )
      return a5;