KernelEx for Win2000

@blackwingcat

I've discovered something about your kernel core extension v13. It seems that if you plug in any sound device and it installs the drivers for that device, that it overwrites the new sound files or something to that effect and either it'll revert to Windows 2000 originals or it disables sound all together. The only way to get it back it seems is to reinstall kernel core extension. I have a webcam that I plugged in after installing kernel core extension and after I restarted I had absolutely no sound or audio service at all. The webcam has a microphone driver which I think triggered this effect. However, I installed my onboard audio after installing the v13 extension and in Skype, it had the audio problems like it did before installing v13.

I see.

It was announced on Extended Kernel Page on 14th, Dec.

When we plug new sound device, Windows 2000 seems to make disable all sound device.

Perhaps , We must uninstall Extended core before we add new sound device.

I have not analyzed the reason yet. :no:

@blackwingcat

I've discovered something about your kernel core extension v13. It seems that if you plug in any sound device and it installs the drivers for that device, that it overwrites the new sound files or something to that effect and either it'll revert to Windows 2000 originals or it disables sound all together. The only way to get it back it seems is to reinstall kernel core extension. I have a webcam that I plugged in after installing kernel core extension and after I restarted I had absolutely no sound or audio service at all. The webcam has a microphone driver which I think triggered this effect. However, I installed my onboard audio after installing the v13 extension and in Skype, it had the audio problems like it did before installing v13.

Well, even if it does disable all your sound, simply reinstalling the extended core once again seems to correct the problem. At least with tomasz86's UURollup which has the latest extended core built into it, as long as I reinstall the pack, all my sound devices come back.

Edited by SearanoX

• 2 weeks later...

I installed tomasz86's latest daily UURollup 11 which was compiled on January 5th, 2013 and was said to have the latest updates from you in it, so that's what I'm assuming.

I try to run Outlook 2003 11.8330.8341 SP3 with Kernel Core 13a and extended kernel v2.2n5.

(Without UURollup 11)

But no error with my environment :unsure:

I installed tomasz86's latest daily UURollup 11 which was compiled on January 5th, 2013 and was said to have the latest updates from you in it, so that's what I'm assuming.

Hi blackwingcat,

This is very interesting. I noticed my LaserJet was not set as the default printer like it should've been. I switched it over and now I can print...however, the error occurs when apparently it tries printing to the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. I don't know if this is cause for concern or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am confused by the site that has the downloads.

My question is "which one am I suppose to download", as there are a ton of versions, the text on the page isn't in English - so I don't know which one to get.

Some someone kindly help me figure out which one to get. If a direct link to the actual download file would be great!

Thanks in advance.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee825488(v=cs.20).aspx

That might help you out some. Check out the filenames and what they have as a language code at the end. For example, ENU is English United States. Look on the table for your language code and then look for the extension at the ends of the filenames. As for there being lots on there, he basically keeps most of his releases on his archive, generally you want to go for the latest one which he does date. The later ones will be farther down the line. The first section is the Kernel Extension and the second section is the Kernel Core (which I think is at about release 11 or so by now) and Kernel Extension is 22v6 or 2.2v6) I haven't checked it in a while so you might have to look but those are at least ballparked figures. Hope that helps :)

Edited by Tommy

@blackwingcat I think that there's something wrong with TeamViewer and your kernel. When TeamViewer is turned on on a Windows 2000 machine and you try to connect to it from another one (I tried both a desktop PC (Win2k) and a tablet) then TeamViewer crashes:

RfPJi6z.jpg

I've tested both TeamViewer 7 and TeamViewer 8 but there's no difference :( Would it be a problem for you to check why it doesn't work? The problem happens only if you try to connect TO the computer, not when you use TeamViewer to connect with other (non-Win2k) machines.

I try to install Team Viewer 8.0.16642.

It seems to work fine.

What version do you use?

@blackwingcat I think that there's something wrong with TeamViewer and your kernel. When TeamViewer is turned on on a Windows 2000 machine and you try to connect to it from another one (I tried both a desktop PC (Win2k) and a tablet) then TeamViewer crashes:

RfPJi6z.jpg

I've tested both TeamViewer 7 and TeamViewer 8 but there's no difference :( Would it be a problem for you to check why it doesn't work? The problem happens only if you try to connect TO the computer, not when you use TeamViewer to connect with other (non-Win2k) machines.

It's the same version (8.0.16642). As I mentioned earlier, the problem happens ONLY when you connect TO the computer. Otherwise TeamViewer works correctly. In other words, I can connect through TeamViewer to different machines but as soon as I try to connect to my desktop PC from other places, TeamViewer crashes :}

Edited by tomasz86

It seems that TeamViewer crashes when you set system locale to Korean. I'm guessing that it's the same thing as with Silverlight which also doesn't work when the system locale is set to Korean. When it's different, ex. English then both programs seem to work fine...