Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows Live Mesh: Program Settings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

GIL

GIL

• 34 posts
Will Mesh sync the settings of non-microsoft programs?

Better yet, do you think or know if Mesh will move towards the users being able to format their PC, reinstall everything, connect to the cloud and get ALL their settings back?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Felipe

Felipe

• 44 posts
You can select any folder to synchronize so theoretically you can already go a long way. You'll need to find out the settings for yourself though.

GIL

GIL

• 34 posts
Well, yeah. You could use Mesh to backup and sync your Roaming folder.

But then, why bother having a "Programs Settings" section?
IE Favorites is a folder, so the only real settings being synced are for Office.

I wonder if they will give any program the ability to be listed there.

Osni

Osni
  • 3 posts
Yes, Mesh supports syncing non-Microsoft program settings.
The problem is it doesn't allow you to sync certain folders, one of them being the %APPDATA%\Local (where lots of programs save data into...).

I'm having trouble with this, the (temporary) solution I found is to use another program (i'm using SyncBack) to copy data from/to the folder Mesh can't sync to some other folder it can.

Ex.: Before app opens, SyncBack copies folder D:\AppSettings\MyApp to %APPDATA%\Local\MyApp
After it closes, copy %APPDATA%\Local\MyApp back to D:\AppSettings\MyApp

(D:\AppSettings being synced by Mesh)

Hope I helped with something ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN