Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alvinkhorfire

How to Install KB976902?

5 posts in this topic

I am using 64-bit Windows 7. What is the proper way to install windows6.1-kb976902-x64.cab, which is manually downloaded from Microsoft Download Center? In other words, I am not using Windows Update to install the update.

Even after I tried to extract the content of the cab file and click the individual exe files, it did not work.

Thank you for the advice given.

use

DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\windows6.1-kb976902-x64.cab

(replace C:\windows6.1-kb976902-x64.cab with the path where you stored the file).

Thanks for the links. It has been a great help. I presume that the links are from Microsoft Update Catalog, right? Next time, when I encounter such hotfix in the form of cab file, I will proceed to Microsoft Update Catalog.

Slightly off topic a bit. I want to ask question regarding the KB976902 msu file via RT 7 Lite. This program will certainly force you to slipstream Service Pack 1 into the Windows 7 RTM image, before you can integrate other hotfixes. Then again, this KB976902 hotfix is intended to be integrated before the service pack is being slipstreamed.

So, how should I solve this problem? Should I still use RT 7 Lite to slipstream Service Pack 1 first, and then subsequently integrate this hotfix?

Edited by alvinkhorfire