Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

CDVD-Switcher

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Hello,

I've prepared a DVD with an unattended Windows 7 and start adding softwares, I feel quickly cramped.
As Windows 7 as welle as the new softwares are GB sized, I was looking for buiding 2 DVDs, the first will contain Windows 7 (4GB), the second all other softwares.

To pass from the first DVD to the second I needed a DVD switcher. I built CDVD-Switcher. is an AutoIt script, tested, working.

Here how the CDVD-Switcher script will run.
Copy CDVD-Switcher.exe to DVD1 (Windows7) %CDROM%\sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\scripts\ folder
Add in the Autounattend.xml file the here bellow command. it should be at the last one <Order>last</Order>
<FirstLogonCommands>
                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add"> 
                   <Order>4</Order> 
                   <Description>Windows Post Install Wizard</Description> 
                   <CommandLine>cmd /C start /wait c:\Windows\Setup\scripts\CDVD-Switcher.exe</CommandLine> 
                </SynchronousCommand> 
            </FirstLogonCommands>

The DVD2 (softwares) have to be configured as %CDROM%\Software\WPI\WPI.exe unless you modify the path in the script.

That means, during Windows7 installation CDVD-Switcher.exe will be copied in C:\Windows\Setup\scripts\ folder, then
launched from hard drive, testing if the DVD1 has %CDROM%\Software\WPI\WPI.exe file. As is not exists in DVD1 you have to insert DVD2.
That's it

Enjoy

CDVD-Switcher.zip

Edited by coucou, 18 January 2011 - 06:47 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
I added a 1 hour idle timing to CDVD-Switcher script
It means: if no action, exit and continue/finish Windows installation

Enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users