Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Keeping all Vista Versions Available

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dinkydi

dinkydi

• 11 posts
Hello,

I would like to update my Vista DVD but as I often reinstall on various friends and families computers, I would like to keep the option to install all the versions (Ultimate, Home Premium, Home Basic, Business etc etc).

So having read these forums, I get the idea that when applying all the updates I can:

1. Choose any of the versions e.g. Ultimate to update with all the latest .msu files

2. Choose to "rebuild all" instead of just the version I chose a few steps earlier (e.g. Ultimate)

Is that correct that I will now have each of the versions fully updated and available to install depending on the product key on the computer I want to install it on?

If not, then is there an easy way to make it so?

Cheers

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dinkydi

dinkydi

• 11 posts
Actually I was partially correct.

I successfully applied all the post sp2 critical updates choosing Ultimate version of vLite.

I then chose to "rebuild all" and not just Ultimate.

Then I created the DVD and installed Ultimate. A Windows Update check showed only 12 important updates were needed (mostly .net type stuff)

I then formatted the computer and installed Home Premium using the same DVD. The install was flawless. However a Windows update check showed 68 important updates were needed.

Now I guess I could just go back into vLite and update Home Premium, Home Basic, Business etc but that would take forever.

Does anyone know of a way to update "all the versions" in one foul swoop?

Cheers

PaulMcDonald

PaulMcDonald
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I would like to update all Vista versions as well.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers,

Paul

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,921 posts

Donator

don't select to rebuild the image at at end. this keeps all editions.
Posted Image

PaulMcDonald

PaulMcDonald
  • 3 posts

don't select to rebuild the image at at end. this keeps all editions.

Hi MagicAndre1981

Thank you but as I understand it, then only one of the editions will be updated right?

What would be good is a way to update all the editions at the one time or perhaps that is not possible.

Regards,

Paul

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,921 posts

Donator

Thank you but as I understand it, then only one of the editions will be updated right?

yes, now start vLite again and do this for all Editions.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN