Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to block Facebook on my router

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

m16si

m16si

• PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 12-December 04
Hello,

I run a small company, and my employes always hang on facebook when Im not around the office.

I would like to block facebook access.

I've heard that you can block it by going into windows folder and write a line in hosts (0.0.0.0. www.facebook.com) but my employes found a way to pass it.

We have a Sinope E568+ router, and i would like to block it from router directly.

Any ideas????

Please help

Bye and greetz from Slovenia

M16si

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 10,006 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

To be honest, if you have set your HOSTS file to block facebook (you should be using 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0... also should probably also block fbcdn.net/com as well) and your employees are circumventing these settings, blocking facebook isn't the way to resolve this issue. If you have sent along an official communication to your staff about it being blocked at some point in the past, and they are still finding ways to get there, that is a personnel problem (rather than a technical problem) that may require disciplinary action (for insubordination). That is just my opinion and not to say there is no technical answer to your question. :angel
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,450 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

http://ukrtelecom.ua...l_sinope568.pdf

Section 4.7
[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

puntoMX

puntoMX

n00b of Masters and Vice Versa

• Super Moderator
  • 4,862 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
Check out openDNS for example.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Check out this episode of tekzilla, they talk about blocking facebook with router

Full episode: http://revision3.com...ks-touch-gloves

Just the part you want: http://revision3.com...save-a-student-

Edited by ricktendo64, 14 March 2011 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users