hiding updates from slipstream

opakedragon

how does one hide an update from microsoft/windows update? I dont like a few updates and i dont want them showing up next time i do updates.

Do you mean from inside Windows Update/Microsoft Update just click the plus sign to expand the update info then check the box don't show this update again. That's it.

Quicken2k

how does one hide an update from microsoft/windows update? I dont like a few updates and i dont want them showing up next time i do updates.

Do you mean from inside Windows Update/Microsoft Update just click the plus sign to expand the update info then check the box don't show this update again. That's it.

Quicken2k

I did mean from within Microsoft Update but i also meant from slipstream (i realize now that I only mentioned slipstreaming in the title sorry) so that its hidden before xp is installed.

So i just create a cab file with folder structure: $OEM$\$$\SoftwareDistribution\DataStor.edb

and treat it as a regular add on?

Or can I just replace the DataStor.ed_ in the Microsoft Update cab (that I am already integrating into the slipstream) with the renamed from DataStor.edb from that link?

So i just create a cab file with folder structure: $OEM$\$$\SoftwareDistribution\DataStor.edb

and treat it as a regular add on?

There's no need to create a cabinet archive. Just place the folder structure you've described at the root of your source files. Just be sure that the following lines exist in your WinNT.sif file:

[Unattended]
OemPreinstall="Yes"

Or can I just replace the DataStor.ed_ in the Microsoft Update cab (that I am already integrating into the slipstream) with the renamed from DataStor.edb from that link?

I don't know the "Microsoft Update cab" to which you refer. If it's an addon then yes, you should replace the fie within with your own.