Thanks, I will check it out someday...
I've also tried the new Nonno Fabio "ultimate" Update pack last weekend. Looking good, and he was kind enough to build it in a bunch (around 20?) localized versions!! I tried the Dutch version. Now I know JFX doesn't like "nlited sources", etc., but this one (as I'm sure you know) is very clean, it only requires one RyanVM run, then one DPbase run for storage drivers. I tested it and it works OK, it just can't find 5 files at textmode filecopy stage (ie4uinit.mui, iedkcs32.mui, ieframe.mui, mshta.mui, msrating.mui). I mentioned this on the RyanVM board, they told me to install from a normal CD first. It's just that I never use CDs/DVDs anymore, only Win8PESE from USB, never had any trouble with using WinNTSetup with XP installs for two years now, even with my somewhat "thrown-together" iso (well, it might sound that way, but it's actually very "clean": Dutch updatepack from oct/2013, NetFX and IE8 addon packs, then nLited with newer hotfixes, no tweaks or weird stuff except for classic setup screens, DPbase for storage drivers). I've used a selfmade monthly updated iso this way for months, never any problem. And I still use it (mostly on offline systems now).
So please could you give any hints or tips on how I can prevent the "not found" errors on the new Fabio source?
Maybe the entries in txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf will help (I must admit I don't know myself what these mean, I just provide them for info):
txtsetup.sif (looks like these are the only files with both "_x" and "244", not sure what that means...):
ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
ieframe.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
mshta.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
dosnet.inf (double entries!)
I've tried removing the double entries, but that doesn't seem to work either.
Any tips would be very welcome, but if you can't be bothered, that OK as well, I have my "other" source as well, and as I said, that version is working perfectly with WinNTSetup. Thanks guys!!!!
Edited by Atari800XL, 14 April 2014 - 08:39 AM.