WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Fyi ... the tools directory included with the new 2.3.5.1 is empty. :huh:

Nevermind, I forgot that the files get downloaded when you run the exe the first time. Sorry for

the false alarm.

Edited by click-click

/configfile will only accept a full path and will not look in the current directory is that correct?

I tried C:\Toolbx\WinNTSetup\WinNTSetup2_x86.exe /configfile:W8_WinNTSetup.ini which is in the same dir as the exe and this does not work.

Edited by click-click

JFX, I was trying out the new 2.3.5 version, and noticed the strange message box right before "Integrating drivers". I then tried 2.3.5.1, no change.

Any ideas what this could be? If I click OK, everything proceeds normally, and the setup seems to be OK. I used a new .wim file, but don't think that's it. Still, I will do more testing, first with an older .wim file, then with an older WinNTSetup version. But if you have any ideas in the meantime, please share...

[EDIT: Attachment removed, not needed anymore, it was just an empty dialog box]

Edited by Atari800XL

Woah... that was fast... Thanks, you never cease to amaze me....

Now I'm curious about what happened with the dialog box. Was there supposed to be a Easter message there? ("Happy Easter from JFX"). That would be a true Easter Egg... :D

But my guess is, it was some kind of "flag" box for you in testing mode?

Anyhow, thank you very very much, you are faster than a speeding bullet. I hope your fingers will not freeze up again soon, let's hope for a warm summer! (not too warm- mind those PC fans [pun intended])

And before I forget: YES, version 2.3.5.2 fixed the empty dialog box! In the time it took to type this message, the W8 setup on another PC has finished!

Well, there are debug messages all over in the code.

However, i wasn't on my own PC were i usually compile it.

Somehow not all debug messages got strip, by the pre compiler that I had adjust a bit.

What ADK files do I need to in order to run WiNNTSetup? I'm using Win8pe_se and it said it needs to download a 2MB file (Windows Accessment Tool). When I click OK, it said it can't download it even thought I have internet access on my Win8pe.

Is there a script for WinBuilder to add it to Win8pe_se?

Thanks.

Edited by magi44ken

There is a Tools folder inside the .zip file. It contains the downloader and a file list.

Not sure about a wb script, thought there was one, but not on the server anymore.

Once you have downloaded the files, WinNTSetup is fully portable.