- - Install Windows 2k/XP/2003/2008/2012/Vista/7/8.x x86/x64
- - Practically runs even on the most minimalistic WinPE
- - Choose able drive letter for the new Windows installation
- - Install Windows also if nlite/vlite has remove winnt32.exe/setup.exe
- - Integrate Drivers: normal PNP and Textmode Drivers also
- - patch uxtheme to allow unsigned Themes
- - Some tweaks
- - Support "Windows to Go" for Windows 7 and later installs
- - Supports WimBoot option for Windows 8.1 Update 1
- - supports all current WIM files: WIM/SWM (XPRESS / LZX / XPRESS HUFFMAN = Wimboot compression)
- - supports unencrypted ESD files (LZMS compressed WIM)
- - No Windows embedded version (this includes WinFLP)
No Installation onto USB disk*New* only Windows 7 and later
No support for ESD files
As some may know the last version 1.5 had only Support for Win 2000/XP/2003.
Fujianabc present an very easy approach to install Windows 7 NT 6.x fast installer
basically it's simply applying the windows image from install.wim and generating the boot files.
He also discovered that the drive letter of a Windows 7 image can be (opposed to Vista) easily changed.
So I have added that way of installing to WinNTSetup.
For the driver installation:
Every driver added in NT6.x windows will be added to the driver store.
So it's not recommended to add countless driver, but rather more really required ones.
NT5.x massstorage driver integration is possible thanks to Mr dUSHA powerful MSSTMake.exe tool
To the Unattend option:
It's possible to use an unattend.xml to run the Setup unattended.
But as the actual WinPE Setup Phase isn't effective in that way of install, all Winpe related settings inside the unattend.xml
won't be applied.
Ini config file
It's possible to save all GUI-settings to a ini file:
push Ctrl + S to save all settings to an ini.
push Ctrl + L to load all settings from an ini.
A WinNTSetup.ini file in the same dir as the app itself will be loaded automatically at startup.
It also can be selected via command line:
more command line options
To install Windows in a VHD file:
- requires Windows 7 as OS and Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise or Server 2008 R2 as Source
- create a partitioned VHD and assign a drive letter (push Ctrl + Shift + V to use build in diskpart wrapper for this)
- select the VHD drive as installation drive (make sure you boot drive ist a active primary partition on a physical disk)
If you get an Antivirus warning from your AV software, please report it to them as a false positive and let them check it.
Current Version: 18.104.22.168
Latest Beta: 3.8.5 Beta 3
Edited by JFX, 26 August 2015 - 11:29 AM.