Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinNTSetup v3.8.1.1 / 3.8.5 Beta 3

• Please log in to reply
1277 replies to this topic

changuk98

changuk98
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 23-August 15

This is the best tool I know. I use it when I install 8.1 or 10 to my hard drive. except....

I found that 10 isn`t working. it spits error that the device is not ready. But the important thing is I made my driver ready.

I want to install windows 10 using winntsetup.

Please someone help me!!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

alacran

alacran

Junior

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 15-March 07

@ JFX

Thanks to you for this new version, just downloaded beta 3, I'll test install in compact mode using as source an *.esd and report back.

Also I want to share the easiest way to install wofadk.sys in our current 7 or 8.x OS, to make it able to run wofadk service on it:

Once you run WinNTSetup the first time, just copy wofadk.sys from folder Tools\x64\DISM or Tools\x86\DISM according to your current OS to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers then run the attached WofAdk.reg to register it and reboot.

After reboot open a command as administrator and type net start wofadk and enter to make sure the service is running.

Best Regards

alacran

EDIT: From a 7SP-1x64 PC, I made an install Compact mode Xpress8k to a VHD using as source 10x64 install.esd, It ended fine, WinNTSetup.log looks there was no issue,  It took long time to finish unfortunately I didn't measure it. Latter booting from this VHD all is OK.

Attached Files

Edited by alacran, 27 August 2015 - 01:50 PM.

changuk98

changuk98
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 23-August 15

well, i picked green and i`m good to go.

and I said windows 10, not 7.

Try installing usb at this time.

I see that wimboot isn`t an best option.

test:windows 10 64 bit kn-not technical preview or insider review.

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.png   31.67KB   0 downloads

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users