WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Well, either with the GUI Wizard or with commandline:

example: winnt32 /syspart:C: /tempdrive:C: /makelocalsource

well, apparently none of the .exe's in the ISO are valid win32 applications when I try to launch them from inside SOME WAREZ XP.
Z2Z2xF5.png
If I try to start winnt32.exe from DOS I'm told winnt32.exe can't be run in DOS mode
Again, the ISO boots and installs just fine. I'm getting the impression that the WAREZ doesn't like "64bit" XP. Any other ways of running an XP X64 install off a USB-drive? Edited by jaclaz

Any other ways of running an XP X64 install off a USB-drive?

Hmm, you could add an x64 WinPE and dual boot it with your WAREZ pe.

Or you try one of the other solutions here in the Install Windows from USB subforum.

Edited by jaclaz
Replaced the actual name of the WAREZ with "WAREZ"

I'm sorry jaclaz, but now JFX is supposed to have said "Your WAREZ pe"? (Which he never said).

Could you not edit it so that it's clear to everybody that an edit has taken place? It would be quite unfortunate that JFX would get into trouble for mentioning words like "Warez.." etc...

JFX, maybe you yourself should edit your post, the way it reads now is very "JFX-unworthy" to me...

Edited by Atari800XL

When running WinNTSetup, I noticed it creates some temp files, one of which is bootmnt.exe and HitmanPro is flagging this as a Trojan. Virustotal shows 5 of 47 on this file. I assume this is a false positive.

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\Temp\WinNTSetup000\Tools\x86\bootmnt.exe      Size . . . . . . . : 14,336 bytes     Age  . . . . . . . : 0.0 days (2013-07-13 07:54:35)      Entropy  . . . . . : 5.5      SHA-256  . . . . . : E63FECABFAB2E48953E28347D5BBCEFB637F05C0D956D52211A516CE41CCFD90    Ikarus . . . . . . : Trojan-Spy.Agent!IK      Fuzzy  . . . . . . : 108.0
Edited by click-click

I'm sorry jaclaz, but now JFX is supposed to have said "Your WAREZ pe"? (Which he never said).

Could you not edit it so that it's clear to everybody that an edit has taken place? It would be quite unfortunate that JFX would get into trouble for mentioning words like "Warez.." etc...

JFX, maybe you yourself should edit your post, the way it reads now is very "JFX-unworthy" to me...

I am pretty sure that JFX can bear this burden allright :yes:.

Before the edit, there was the name of the WAREZ, so the sense of the sentence has not changed much (please read as "not at all").

Also - and just for your interest, you may want to re-read the Rules, particularly #8. :whistle:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

@click-click

from the first page :whistle:

If you get an Antivirus warning from your AV software, please report it to them as a false positive and let them check it.

@click-click

from the first page :whistle:

If you get an Antivirus warning from your AV software, please report it to them as a false positive and let them check it.

Okay, I understand. I could not find this file after winntsetup finished - only in the temp directory when it was running. Where is this file from?

Edited by click-click

Okay, I understand. I could not find this file after winntsetup finished - only in the temp directory when it was running. Where is this file from?

bootmnt.exe is a small tool I wrote to mount all hidden boot partitions. It's integrated in WinNTSetup and extracted every start to temp folder.

I noticed that $WINDOWS.~BT was still present on C:\ the last time I did a Win7 install with WinNTSetup. Is this normal and can it be safely deleted?

Normally an XP/2003 install deletes that folder in the last setup phase, but it doesn't work always.

Especially on newer systems, that folder and the file $LDR$ remain after setup.

Edited by JFX