WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

• 2 weeks later...

Seems WinNTSetup got very popular and my dropbox sharing is now gone.

Have added SD mirror, hope this works for everyone.

Also we now have Chinese translation by cy06 :thumbup

Hi JFX, thanks your great job

there is question as follow:

After installing WIN7 by WinNTSetup2.3.4(choose the default parameters when installing), why the signal of system drive is D acquiescently but not C?

I have to choose the option parameters of "Mount Installation drive" as C when installing WIN7, the drive C signifies exactly right.

I wish that drive C is still C if I choose the default parameters when installing !

Hi martin,

many people wonder about that, but it's correct behavior of WinNTSetup.

Microsoft has create Vista and Windows 7 images with default system letter D:.

WinNTSetup is not only used as a setup tool, but also as an generic WIM Image applier.

Therefor it's not always wanted to change the letter.

Seems I won't get enought time to finished version 3 in a foreseeable time, so here comes a new minor update:

Version 2.3.5.0

- small fixed and code improvments

- ADK files are now required

WinNTSetup will of course help you downloading these files automaticly.

With latest ADK files it should be possible to support legacy system like Windows XP for a longer time.

cheers.gif

Thanks for the new version. I still use WinNTSetup almost every day.

As an example: Today somebody gave me an Acer TravelMate 4150 (from 2004-2005) with a busted DVDRW. "I guess it's a total write-off, right?" he told me . I booted from USB (Win8PESE) (he never saw OS setup from USB before...), installed XP, W7 and W8 (all updated versions, from same USB), after two hours he had XP (which he needs for his scanner), W7 (for daily use with Office 2010), and W8 (for testing) all on 1 PC. Never saw a bigger smile!!! ("Hey, this one now boots quicker than my 2009 desktop PC!)

I'd like to pass that smile on to you, JFX!!!!!

:thumbup

(What are you planning for version 3? Could it really get better still?)

Edited by Atari800XL

Hmm, not so sure about new features, Version 3 will be a complete rewrite in a more suited language.

Following improvements are planned.

- command line will be more logical

- better language file support

- VHDX support is still missing

I might also include some tools, I use in very often in WinPE

- offline product key finder

- offline admin password reset

- gui wrapper for BCDEdit

maybe an offline regedit could be added to.

When you say Offline regedit do you mean being able to add/modify reg entries from an offline wim? That would be nice.

No, only from an already applied wim file or other offline windows.

I just ran the latest WinNTSetup from XP for a Win7 system build and the system to start the install on will not boot. I used 'use bootsect.exe to update the boot code' with no other boxes checked on that menu. It looks like the win7 boot files were not copied to that partition. How can I fix this?

Edited by click-click

I managed to fix this from XP by running bcdboot w:\windows /s w: which copied the required W7 files. Isn't WnNTSetup supposed to do this for me?

I noticed with the new WinNTSetup, you included a Tools directory. Could it be that WinNTSetup is not finding the tools?

Edited by click-click

I noticed with the new WinNTSetup, you included a Tools directory. Could it be that WinNTSetup is not finding the tools?

That, properly the problem.

I used all paths for tools folder correct, but for forgot the the bcdboot patcher search in all places expect the tools folder :ph34r:

Update v.2.3.5.1 is online