WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

how to use that software...

1. select your windows distribution

2. choose a installation partition

3. push the setup button

hmm, maybe not my biggest talent to explain things...

Could you make a list of questions that arise while using the tool? So i can address every thing that is not so clear.

cheers.gif

I am trying to install xp please guide me through im confused..

"1st option is about location of windows installation files" (i guess the xp iso file or xp setup drive)

2nd option: "select location of boot drive (what does that mean i can't understand, sorry)

3rd Select location of the installationdrive (can't get it what does it mean)

Please explain in very simple words im very noob :-(

see attachments plz

post-314957-0-06346000-1342786039_thumb.

"1st option is about location of windows installation files" (i guess the xp iso file or xp setup drive)

2nd option: "select location of boot drive (what does that mean i can't understand, sorry)

1. Yes the drive letter of your xp setup drive. A real CD/DVD or a mounted iso image

2. A Primary partition (dark blue) on "Disk 0" with "(System)" in Status register

3. Can be any partition, even the one you selected under 2.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

1. Yes the drive letter of your xp setup drive. A real CD/DVD or a mounted iso image

2. A Primary partition (dark blue) on "Disk 0" with "(System)" in Status register

diskmanagment.jpg

3. Can be any partition, even the one you selected under 2.

cheers.gif

Thank you for your reply Brother,

ok does it mean that i can't install XP into existing installed drive?

Yes, if a drive already has a windows installation inside, it's better to format it.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, if a drive already has a windows installation inside, it's better to format it.

cheers.gif

I got blue screen error during installation i :wacko: n Dell pc

Hmm, a bit more information would help ;)

Which windows version you trying to install?

What number was displayed on the BSoD?

At which state of the installation the BSoD occured?

I can only assume the dell pc is running in AHCI mode and your windows CD doesn't have the required SATA driver.

You could try to disable AHCI inside the BIOS or you will need to integrate the driver.

WinNTSetup can integrate SATA driver for all windows version, if you select a folder containing the right driver in unpacked form.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

Update: Version 2.3 Beta 4

- Windows 8 Professional edition recognized for nativeVHDBoot

- file patching 5x faster

- UxTheme generic patcher for Windows 8

- System Reserved partition now hidden in new installation

- *caution "hidden feature" language.ini extended

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

Update: Version 2.3 Beta 4

- System Reversed partition now hidden in new installation

Thanks for the new version! Gave me an oppotunity to thank you once again for this great tool!!! I tested the previous version with the new W8RTM (x86, enterprise), works great!

(But what is a "System Reversed Partition?" :whistle: , did you put it in upside-down? :D )

Thank you!! :thumbup

Edited by Atari800XL

(But what is a "System Reversed Partition?" :whistle: , did you put it in upside-down? :D )

ha ha, yeah this happens quite often lately :lol:

Good to hear that the RTM works fine. Windows 8 should be fully supported now.

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

Hmm, a bit more information would help ;)

Which windows version you trying to install?

What number was displayed on the BSoD?

At which state of the installation the BSoD occured?

I can only assume the dell pc is running in AHCI mode and your windows CD doesn't have the required SATA driver.

You could try to disable AHCI inside the BIOS or you will need to integrate the driver.

WinNTSetup can integrate SATA driver for all windows version, if you select a folder containing the right driver in unpacked form.

cheers.gif

I am trying to install xp sp3.

The number that displayed on BSod was 0x0000006b

The BSod error occured after booting the XP and just before the windows installation starts (before pressing F8)

also plz tell me how to select a folder for drivers for WINntsetup...

Thanks for ur reply

Thanks for the infos. It really seams to be a sata driver issue.

To integrate a driver just check the "Add Driver" checkbox and select the folder in the showing up dialog.

But if you don't have / know the exact driver needed you can use Driverpacks Base to integrate the drivers.

1. Download DPs_BASE_1006.exe and DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1206.7z http://driverpacks.net/downloads

2. Run DPs_BASE_1006.exe and select C:\DPsBase for extracting

3. Copy DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1206.7z to C:\DPsBase\DriverPacks

4. Run Winntsetup and select "Run DriverPacks BASE (x86 only)" checkbox

5. Push the setup button and wait for winntsetup to copy the files

6. You will be asked to select DPs_BASE.exe, browse to C:\DPsBase and select that file.

7. DriverPacks BASE will launch, select Settings --> DriverPacks in the treeview

8. Select the Driverpacks Massstorage checkbox and hit Slipstream button

9. The driver integration will take a few minutes, wait and hit okay in the success message that show up in the end

Edited by JFX

To integrate a driver just check the "Add Driver" checkbox and select the folder in the showing up dialog.

But if you don't have / know the exact driver needed you can use Driverpacks Base to integrate the drivers.

Is it possible to do both ? E.g. to integrate the WinVBlock driver with the "Add Driver" checkbox, and also to integrate Driverpacks ?

I know it might be a big ask, but would it be possible for WinNTSetup to automatically integrate WinVBlock / FiraDisk without any user intervention (other than tick a checkbox !), so that install to IMG / VHD is easily achieved for all OSes, including those that don't natively support booting from a virtual disk (XP, etc...)?

On the same line, would it be possible to support VHD creation (Ctrl + Shift + V) when running on XP ? It may be not be as straightforward as on W7, but in the worst case it's always possible to create an IMG first (e.g. with Hddimage) and then to convert to VHD (e.g. with VHD Tool). I'm sure there is a billion ways to achieve the same result.

Basically what I'm asking is whether it would be possible to offer the very same possibilities for XP as for W7, thanks to a few tweaks and workarounds ?

Thanks for the infos. It really seams to be a sata driver issue.

1. Download DPs_BASE_1006.exe and DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1206.7z http://driverpacks.net/downloads

2. Run DPs_BASE_1006.exe and select C:\DPsBase for extracting

3. Copy DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1206.7z to C:\DPsBase\DriverPacks

4. Run Winntsetup and select "Run DriverPacks BASE (x86 only)" checkbox

5. Push the setup button and wait for winntsetup to copy the files

6. You will be asked to select DPs_BASE.exe, browse to C:\DPsBase and select that file.

7. DriverPacks BASE will launch, select Settings --> DriverPacks in the treeview

8. Select the Driverpacks Massstorage checkbox and hit Slipstream button

9. The driver integration will take a few minutes, wait and hit okay in the success message that show up in the end

I did as u directed but didn't work for me :wacko: same error

Is it possible to do both ? E.g. to integrate the WinVBlock driver with the "Add Driver" checkbox, and also to integrate Driverpacks ?

Should be possible, if WinVBlock has a correct inf file accepted by the msstmake tool.

Adding VHD options for Windows older than 7, would be way to much work. Properly can't even be done fully automated.

Sorry I don't have any plans to add support for alternative VHD drivers as WinVBlock, Firadisk or Vboot.

@Mr001

Hmm, that's strange :unsure:

Have you tried to disable AHCI in the bios?

If this also not works, i'm out of ideas

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

Should be possible, if WinVBlock has a correct inf file accepted by the msstmake tool.

There is certainly one INF file around, that is used by most people in a Virtual floppy, to install this driver during TXT-mode setup (F6). Are we talking about the same thing ?

Adding VHD options for Windows older than 7, would be way to much work. Properly can't even be done fully automated.

Fair enough, I appreciate it might be a big job for little benefit :-)

However for now, I'm having problems with "the manual way". Please could you advise what might be going on ?

So here is what I do. Within XP, I create a virtual HDD image, say XP.IMG (could be VHD as it's nearly the same thing). Mount it as a virtual drive with ImDisk.

Then I configure WinNTSetup to use the virtual drive as a target disk, and to inject the WinVBlock driver ("Add Driver" checkbox). So far so good.

Next, first reboot. Said XP.IMG is now mounted as virtual HDD by Grub4Dos. Chainload NTLDR on the physical HDD to start setup.

TXT-mode setup goes well....till the phase "Windows is Starting". At this point it greets me with something like "the setup temporary files cannot be found and cannot continue".

Any clue what the problem might be ?