WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

At what state of setup does the BSoD occurs (TXTMODE or GUIMODE) ?

Does it work if you boot it from CD/DVD?

1. It runs the entire text setup and get to the part Setup is Starting Windows, the part right before it shows you the list of HD to install to and blue screens

2. I have not made and iso of this test version I am using but my modded version (update packs) with the same driver packs slipstream boot from my USB and installs fine. I will make an ISO today and test.

Also, just wondering, what is the deal with not being able to using a RVM_Integrated XP source as far as not working with your tool? Is it considered illegal to add updates to XP this way? Or is it a conflict with your script and to much to write one to work with an integrated XP source? Not picking your work apart. I love how fast this tool sets up Win 7. Just wondering because if you use a fresh XP source, tons of updates on a fresh install.

1. It runs the entire text setup and get to the part Setup is Starting Windows, the part right before it shows you the list of HD to install to and blue screens

Hmm, either the right driver is not integrated or not loaded for some reason. Are you sure you have the correct driver for the controller?

Also, just wondering, what is the deal with not being able to using a RVM_Integrated XP source as far as not working with your tool? Is it considered illegal to add updates to XP this way? Or is it a conflict with your script and to much to write one to work with an integrated XP source? Not picking your work apart. I love how fast this tool sets up Win 7. Just wondering because if you use a fresh XP source, tons of updates on a fresh install.

Well these packs aren't legal at all and don't integrate the way thought by MS. It's up to you if you trust the the authors of these packs and use them.

WinNTSetup can't fully handle this integration and since no time, properly never will.

Well these packs aren't legal at all and don't integrate the way thought by MS. It's up to you if you trust the the authors of these packs and use them.

WinNTSetup can't fully handle this integration and since no time, properly never will.

Are you saying if I use the method here

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/23/

then this is the way Microsoft intended to be done and your program will load XP if this method is used?

then this is the way Microsoft intended to be done and your program will load XP if this method is used?

Yeah, that the right integration, but don't thing it fix your driver problem.

Yeah, that the right integration, but don't thing it fix your driver problem

Your right, the driver problem is something with this stupid Asus board lol. I mean will your program install XP if I use the integration method above and will it still be considered a "clean" source?

Using RyanVM Integrator to prepare my XP Setup Setup Source is going very well.

I am using Dutch XP Post- SP3 UpdatePack v12.10.0 Oktober 2012 NL and I never use nLite

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=24424

Afterwards you need to use DPsBase.exe to integrate DriverPack Massstorage with TXT Mode Enabled.

Use DPsBase.exe to Integrate DriverPacks Chipset + Processor + MassStorage + LAN + WLAN DriverPacks.

http://driverpacks.net/downloads

Edited by wimb

I mean will your program install XP if I use the integration method above and will it still be considered a "clean" source?

Yes, I never run into problems doing it that way. But personally I prefer post setup updates via runonce.

using the winnt setup i first formatted my boot partition and xp logical partition and used 7 pe usb boot to run winnt setup.

it setups the xp setup and ask to reboot and after that the hd stucks at cursor _ blinking and no further going i tried twice

formatting boot and xp logical partiion before doing that

this work on vista 7 8 bootloader a boot entry of windows setup adds to boot loader but through xp bootloader is stuck at cursor blinking on black screen just after bios boots

Hi AQM,

that interesting, Lancelot also reported me such a boot problem and I always thought it would be BIOS related.

But if you say that NT6 bootcode / loader works, than there is some hope to fix it.

Just the problem, I've nothing to reproduce it. Do you have anymore informations like:

- partition alignment

- partition starting offset (maybe above 160 GB ?)

- does real xp setup work in this partition

cheers.gif

Edited by JFX

Got a suggestion if that's ok. I got XP covered on the way I install it but I love the idea you have here with installing NT6x stuff. I use a weird folder setup on my USB drive and like the user above, I use setupcomplete.cmd in the $OEM% folder but I do not keep this folder in sources. I made a universal setup to cover all the current NT6x stuff on reloads so I wouldn't have 4 of the same stuff taking up USB space. Could there be a tab added to browse from an $OEM$ folder to copy over if outside of sources folder?

After installing W8 via winNTSetup, everything looks great, but I am having one problem. I have a dual-boot

system with the following systems: drive0 P1 (XP), Drive0 P2 (win8 Pro), Drive1 P1 W7 Ultimate. All drives

are visible from each system. When I boot win8, do some work, then shut it down and reboot into Win7, I always

have a problem with chkdsk running for all my drives. This doesn't seem right to me. Anyone know what

the problem might be. This probably doesn't have anything to do with WinNTSetup. Sorry if this is OT.

Edited by click-click

Yes, I can confirm it's Hiberboot. I also turn it off in my PostInstall system. That still leaves me with the "dangerous" first reboot, I just have to remember to choose "Reboot" after Windows 8 is done installing (not "Turn Off", that makes XP and Windows 7 go into "checkdisk").

Click-click, I always use a similar setup (XP, W7, W8) to yours, but I use 1 HD for it. Nice to see you actually use 2 different HD's (so it gives me the opportunity to install another 3 OS's on the second HD!!)

And JFX, great to see you plan a "turn off hiberboot" in WinNTSetup! That will even get rid of the "dangerous" first reboot/ turn off after first install! You just always amaze me with new stuff like this.... :thumbup

Oh, and it would be great to have a commandline option for turning off hiberboot please!!!!!

Edited by Atari800XL